XINPUT1_3.dll missing in Just cause 2

aadil911

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
when i game start it shows the program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dill is missing from your computer. plz help me :sweat:

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
here's how you fix any .dll error:

Go to google and type in the .dll (in this case it's XINPUT1_3.dll) file then click on the first link, here's the link for the one you're missing: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?xinput1_3 . Then click on "Download Zip-File" . Once it's downloaded extract it to your program file. If you have no clue what that means, basically find the games program file (usually C:\program files (x86)\Just Cause 2) and copy and paste the .dll file into the program file. If you get more .dll errors after that just keep adding them until the game works.

not a good idea. not all xinput .dll are for the same version of windows.
installing it directly from windows own redistributable is the safest way to do it.
you wont be risking downloading malware or an incompatible version... also by doing so you will get every .dll your system needs not just the 1 your game needs.

@IAMCACAO yes it may well be a clean file and it may well be compatible getting it from that site but with pc's its better to be safe than sorry... after all you may have sensetive or presious data on your pc that could easily be lost if you get it wrong...

iamcacao

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

That site is an archive of .dll files, it has almost every one. I've been using it for years to fix my .dll errors and I've never run into any problems, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

heres exactly what i mean. you can download individual dll files and each time your risking a malware infection. just because you haven't had 1 doesnt mean theres no risk. also if you download 1 at a time you may need to get another and another each time increasing your risk. if you get the dx package you get everything you could possibly need and safely...
yes theres a chance you can get an infection from a m.s. site but generally its much safer than most any other.
my ethos is why take a risk if you dont need to. microsoft provide all the dlls you will ever need for direct x so if the owner of direct x is supplying a package for free why would you want to go elsewhere.
if you want to do that with your pc thats fine. but at toms we do things the safest way as that minimizes the chance of our help causing further damage to an already compromised system.
remember its not your system and how would you feel if you were responsible for killing some1 else's hardware... or better still how would you feel if you took advice that killed your pc. i doubt you would be happy with that guy.... so like i say its not your system so be as safe as possible and if that means a user has to download a few more megs of data then so be it...