Does pc need new graphics card to record games

dennagain

Honorable
May 19, 2012
My pcs graphics card sucks but does recording gameplay with a game cap like roxio game cap need a pc wih a newer graphics card I have a emahines t3616 and I'm looking to find a graphics card that will allow games at medium settings like diablo 3 and more ram because I can only find ddr2 ram that goes up to 2 gb and I don't kno if I have more slots in my pc I only saw 2 1gb ram cards should I just sell the old piece of crap or what

emachines tend to have hardware blocks on em. they often limit the upgrades you can apply.
how?.
they put a psu in that can handle exactly whats in the machine at sale. but you add a gfx card then the chances are your system wont be able to handle it... yeas you can swap out a couple of sticks of ram or add a hdd but thats generally about it with emachines...
you cant even overclock em because they deliberately lock the boards and cpu's via bios.

i would say if you can afford it buy a new system. £800 /$'s will get you a midrange gamer system that will handle anything you throw at it on medium to high settings.
if you cant go that far then consider dumpin the motherboard and psu first on your current system. add more ram and then a better gfx card.

as for recording the cpu is just as important to recoding in game movies. if the cpu is weak it will add even more stress on your games because the fraps or what ever will take resources from the game.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
The Roxio Game Cap is used for recording console games. You need a screen recording software to record PC gamers.

Most people use Fraps because it's cheap and has good quality, but I prefer Bandicam as it compresses the videos to a smaller size while still looking really good. I need compressed files because my upload speed is really bad and it takes like 6 hours to upload a 700MB file.

dennagain

Honorable
May 19, 2012

i am recording console gameplay but it lags and stuff could that be my pc if so what is the best pc for its price because i could convince my parents to get since my 18th birthday is coming up

dennagain

Honorable
May 19, 2012

what pc do you recommend that would get the job done and be able to play my only pc game diablo 3 and record my ps3 gameplay smoothly under 1000 would be nice like alienware? idk im not to computer savvy im more console savvy

you dont need that much. my m8's son records his ps3 with a laptop and its a £399 job so not the latest i3/i5 if your just looking to record then i would consider that route. if you want to play games look at ibuypower site and build a pc there
start with something like an i5 quad core 2.6 or faster. add 4 gigs of ram, storage a dvd burner gfx card case and spend at least £70 on a 550w minimum psu.
to play mid range games look at a i52400 i52500k or even an ivy bridge cpu. for gfx look at a gtx 560 ti minimum. you should be able to build something very nice for under 1000
http://www.ibuypower.com/ when your done list what you selected here and the guys will give an opinion.

Standard Memory 512 MB (removable)
Maximum Memory 2.0 GB... 1gig ddr2 533 ram for this costs $25/£'s looks like its very specific brand and timings. so unlikley they will allow you to use some other brand.
Memory Expansion 2 sockets
Memory Comments PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs. Supports Dual Channel DDR2.
CPU Type AMD Sempron 3600+
Model Comments NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Chipset

if this is your machine yeah i would just sell it to some1 who wants net access and watch movies for £50 or less depending on how much hdd space there is.