Unable to download the file for Fax set up

I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install the
additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes on
my system?

Was your original installation from a CD? If your installation files are on
the hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there.
If you have applied a Service Pack, these files may have been moved to a
different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the
routine to that folder.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
> directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
> the
> additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
> Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
> file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
> advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
> on
> my system?

Geo

Hello,

I am answering you from Paris.

It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
c:\windows\system32.

If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.

Hervé

"ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
> directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
> the
> additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
> Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
> file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
> advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
> on
> my system?

Hi Herve

Many thanks for your kind response. What is the best way, through which you
would be able to send the file/folder?

Look fwd to hearing from you

Many thanks

"Géo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am answering you from Paris.
>
> It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
> c:\windows\system32.
>
> If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.
>
> Hervé
>

> "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
> > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
> > the
> > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
> > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
> > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
> > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
> > on
> > my system?

Hi Russ

I have tried directing my routine to both the CD and the folder I386 on my
hard drive (windows/programs...) bt unable to find this specific file.

Any suggestions?

Regards

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Was your original installation from a CD? If your installation files are on
> the hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there.
> If you have applied a Service Pack, these files may have been moved to a
> different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the
> routine to that folder.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
>
> "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
> > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
> > the
> > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
> > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
> > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
> > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
> > on
> > my system?

Geo

Hello,

Please send Email to plhbrvbaz@hotmail.com and I 'll send you the file
fxscfgwz.dll

Géo

"ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
6E2433CA-55F2-4F0D-BBB7-3B05ACB7FBEB@microsoft.com...
> Hi Herve
>
> Many thanks for your kind response. What is the best way, through which
> you
> would be able to send the file/folder?
>
> Look fwd to hearing from you
>
> Many thanks
>
> "Géo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am answering you from Paris.
>>
>> It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
>> c:\windows\system32.
>>
>> If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.
>>
>> Hervé
>>

>> "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> 3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
>> >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
>> > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
>> > the
>> > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP
>> > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to
>> > copy
>> > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions
>> > or
>> > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive
>> > faxes
>> > on
>> > my system?

Not without more information. How was you OS installed?