Unable to download the file for Fax set up

I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install the
additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes on
my system?
6 answers Last reply
More about unable download file

    Was your original installation from a CD? If your installation files are on
    the hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there.
    If you have applied a Service Pack, these files may have been moved to a
    different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the
    routine to that folder.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    > the
    > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
    > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
    > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
    > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
    > on
    > my system?

    Hello,

    I am answering you from Paris.

    It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
    c:\windows\system32.

    If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.

    Hervé

    "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
    >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    > the
    > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
    > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
    > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
    > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
    > on
    > my system?

    Hi Herve

    Many thanks for your kind response. What is the best way, through which you
    would be able to send the file/folder?

    Look fwd to hearing from you

    Many thanks

    "Géo" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am answering you from Paris.
    >
    > It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
    > c:\windows\system32.
    >
    > If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.
    >
    > Hervé
    >

    > "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > 3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
    > >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    > > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    > > the
    > > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
    > > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
    > > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
    > > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
    > > on
    > > my system?

    Hi Russ

    I have tried directing my routine to both the CD and the folder I386 on my
    hard drive (windows/programs...) bt unable to find this specific file.

    Any suggestions?

    Regards

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > Was your original installation from a CD? If your installation files are on
    > the hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder there.
    > If you have applied a Service Pack, these files may have been moved to a
    > different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the
    > routine to that folder.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    >
    > "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    > > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    > > the
    > > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP Home
    > > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to copy
    > > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions or
    > > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive faxes
    > > on
    > > my system?

    Hello,

    Please send Email to plhbrvbaz@hotmail.com and I 'll send you the file
    fxscfgwz.dll

    Géo

    "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    6E2433CA-55F2-4F0D-BBB7-3B05ACB7FBEB@microsoft.com...
    > Hi Herve
    >
    > Many thanks for your kind response. What is the best way, through which
    > you
    > would be able to send the file/folder?
    >
    > Look fwd to hearing from you
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > "Géo" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am answering you from Paris.
    >>
    >> It is true that the file fxscfgwz.dll is under C:\I386 but also in
    >> c:\windows\system32.
    >>
    >> If you need a copy of it I can send it to you.
    >>
    >> Hervé
    >>

    >> "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >> 3758C17C-37B7-4F4F-AA71-41FA67698494@microsoft.com...
    >> >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    >> > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    >> > the
    >> > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP
    >> > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to
    >> > copy
    >> > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions
    >> > or
    >> > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive
    >> > faxes
    >> > on
    >> > my system?

    Not without more information. How was you OS installed?
    --
    > Hi Russ
    >
    > I have tried directing my routine to both the CD and the folder I386 on my
    > hard drive (windows/programs...) bt unable to find this specific file.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Regards
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> Was your original installation from a CD? If your installation files are
    >> on
    >> the hard drive, you may need to direct the routine to the i386 Folder
    >> there.
    >> If you have applied a Service Pack, these files may have been moved to a
    >> different folder (ServicePackFiles\i386), and you will need to direct the
    >> routine to that folder.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >>
    >> "ks02" <ks02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am trying to set up a mechanism which would enable me to receive faxes
    >> > directly onto my system. I am using a dial up and was trying to install
    >> > the
    >> > additional windows components, which asked me to insert my Windows XP
    >> > Edition CD ROM. After inserting the CD, it gave a message: Unable to
    >> > copy
    >> > file fxscfgwz.dll (this files is located under I386). Any suggestions
    >> > or
    >> > advice to fix the problem? Also, is the procedure correct to receive
    >> > faxes
    >> > on
    >> > my system?

Fax Windows XP