Temperatures?

G

What is the suitable temperature for a motherboard and the cpu because my asus A7V-133 shows up as CPU: 68 degrees and Mobo: 48 degrees. I a running an AMD Athlon 1.33 Ghz Processor.

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
68c for your cpu is quite high, actaully it's quite high for any types of CPU. if you can keep it down to 50's under load, then it'll theoretically run more stable.

G

OK then, what could you suggest that will reduce my temp cause i've burned my cpu twice now: 1st time i forgot to pop the fan in, 2nd time the fan fell of (no thanks to the crummy plastic clips) and it also burned.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
i would say reseat you heat sink and maker sure that if you are using the thermo pad you remebered to pull of the plastic over it

also get some fans in you case becuse you case temp is allful high mine is setting a 23 c right now. tha is another prob you have

you need a 80 front and a 92 in the back if they will fit
also what could help would be to go and pay 6 dollar for artic silver 3 and put that on the bottom of you heat sink
also try opening you case and putting a house fan on it and see if the temps go dwon if they do you are for sure that it is partily do to the lake of air full in you case

i have a 1.2 atholon at 1.4 right now at 47 under ful load
with retail heatsinlk

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

Victory

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
Depending on your setup, I too recommend finding a way to get more airflow through your case. Also be aware how much heat Vid cards give off. In my situation when I upgraded to a Geforce 3 Ti200(over a Voodoo 5 5500) my CPU temp went up 2 degrees C because of it's close proximity to my CPU/HSF combination. I also run around 40 C for CPU at load. Try running without a cover on and see if temps change dramatically. If they do, find a way to add some airflow inside the case, and pretty up the wiring as much as you can to increase the airflow. Plastic zip ties(gotten from any hardware store) will make it an easy process. Also if need be, you can fold ide cables instead of rounding them or buying pre rounded to get them out of airflow's way.

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:

G

OK Thanks Guys for the suggestions I will try them ASAP. And what does Arctic Silver Do?

Victory

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
Arctic Silver(or other similar brands) fill in the 'imperfections' between the metal on the HSF and cpu die. All metals are pourous materials and even though something may be shiny smooth, under a microscope you'll see little pits. These fill in the air gaps and allow better conductivity of heat to sink.

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool: