First time in overclocking Geforce 3 ti200 - help!

jy88888888

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
I would like to overclock my Geforce 3 ti 200 but which utility should I use - I've got Powerstrip 3.15. How far should I go and what are the advantages of this except higher frame rates - higher resolutions maybe?

Thanks - any help greatly appreciated

AMD VS INTEL - AMD anyday

svol

Champion
First start OC'ing the memory with a couple of MHz a time till it gets unstable (ie. weird screens, missing textures, etc.) then drop it a couple of MHz.
After that you start OC'ing the GPU at the same way till it gets unstable and then lower it a couple of MHz again till it gets back stable.
Other adavatages are able of running games at higher 3D quality setting, smooter screen at higher resolutions due to higher framerate.

THGC: before: :frown: :eek: , after: :smile: :cool: .

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I don't know about powerstrip, but I prefer Rivatuner. It lets you increase Mhz and core clock by 1mhz at a time. Lets see...Ti200 is 175/400, right? I don't know what manufacturer you have, but if you have that good 4 or 4.4ns memory, then you can probably get to 500+ memory mhz! That would be good...then the core clock...not as important, but you could probably get it to around 225-250mhz

advantages will be better frame rates at higher resolutions

"When there's a will, there's a way."