Unable to install Netgear Print Server application

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this error when I attempt to install
the PS101 Print Server Software:

16 Bit Windows subsystem

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
application.

This error only comes up when I am attemtpingto install the NetGear PS101
print server software. (that I know of, but I did install another application
which installed fine)

Firmware Upgrade
http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/PS101.asp

Print Server Setup Software Version 3.01
http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=207

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"nevesone" wrote:

| Does anyone have an idea what is causing this error when I attempt to install
| the PS101 Print Server Software:
|
| 16 Bit Windows subsystem
|
| c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
| MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
| application.
|
| This error only comes up when I am attemtpingto install the NetGear PS101
| print server software. (that I know of, but I did install another application
| which installed fine)

Hi, thanks for the info, however I tried that already. In order to make the
firmware upgrade the print server admin software must be installed. Thus,
there lies the problem it will not allow me to install the software. I was
able to get the print configured using my laptop, but would really like to
figure out what the issue is on my desktop. both the desktop and laptop are
using win xp pro and both have the sp2 service pack installed.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Firmware Upgrade
> http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/PS101.asp
>
> Print Server Setup Software Version 3.01
> http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_details.asp?dnldID=207
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "nevesone" wrote:
>
> | Does anyone have an idea what is causing this error when I attempt to install
> | the PS101 Print Server Software:
> |
> | 16 Bit Windows subsystem
> |
> | c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
> | MS-DOS and Microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
> | application.
> |
> | This error only comes up when I am attemtpingto install the NetGear PS101
> | print server software. (that I know of, but I did install another application
> | which installed fine)

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767
www.coribright.com