Lost visibility of Common Cover pages on win2k Server

We've a fax server shared off of our win2k server. All was working fine.
We've replaced a few systems with XP Pro which may or may not be related.
I've now started to get complaints that the fax client cannot send a
coverpage. Sure enough, when I try it, I have discovered that the cover
page dialog is all greyed out.

From some investigation the client can create a personal cover page by using
the "copy" of a common cover page as a personal one and use that. The
client simply does not seem to be able to find the common cover pages during
the preparation process. Given that this showing up in both the XP and
Win2K clients, it looks like something has gone astray on the server.

Any one have any ideas ? Is their a policy that might control visibility of
the common cover pages ? Have I lost a Share ? Should the common
coverpages be begin automagically copied to the client. Is the a policy
setting that might have been clobbered ?

Any suggestions appreciates.

TIA

Alan Franklin.
1 answer Last reply
More about lost visibility common cover pages win2k server

    You mentioned, fax is shared of a Win2k Server? In Windows 2000, other than
    SBS edition, fax can not be shared. Is this a Windows 2003 Server or a
    SBS2000 server? Are the XP clients running SP1? Non Sp1 XP1 clients will
    have trouble connecting to Windows Server 2003 Shared Fax. Btw, also mention
    without using the cover page, can you still send faxes using the fax server?

    Thanks,
    Anand

    --
    Ananda Sarkar

    purposes only.

    "Alan Franklin" <alanf@pansops.com> wrote in message
    > We've a fax server shared off of our win2k server. All was working fine.
    > We've replaced a few systems with XP Pro which may or may not be related.
    > I've now started to get complaints that the fax client cannot send a
    > coverpage. Sure enough, when I try it, I have discovered that the cover
    > page dialog is all greyed out.
    >
    > From some investigation the client can create a personal cover page by
    using
    > the "copy" of a common cover page as a personal one and use that. The
    > client simply does not seem to be able to find the common cover pages
    during
    > the preparation process. Given that this showing up in both the XP and
    > Win2K clients, it looks like something has gone astray on the server.
    >
    > Any one have any ideas ? Is their a policy that might control visibility
    of
    > the common cover pages ? Have I lost a Share ? Should the common
    > coverpages be begin automagically copied to the client. Is the a policy
    > setting that might have been clobbered ?
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciates.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Alan Franklin.

Fax Servers Windows XP