Battlefield 3 General discussion

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Was thinking of starting a thread about Battlefield 3 on Toms.
Subjects:
1- Gameplay ( tips, glitches :D )
2- Opinions about maps and weapons ( Ideas on changes to maps or Guns for Christmas )
3- Screenshots or videos ( montage or funny moments....preferably the funnies ;) )
4- FAQs ( PC requirements etc.... though this has mostly been covered by the sticky )
5- Some other stuff that we shall think of.......

Subjects to Avoid:
1- Criticism on Call of Duty series ( Don't like, Don't hate it, just Don't want any flaming )
2- Asking for CD key or "borrowing" BF3 accounts
3- The usual No Nos in life and on Toms

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Gonna Start off by introducing people to the famous Caspian Border map,
more specifically the flag.......called Forest

OoVO5.jpg

and also the new Bayonet available in BF3.... :D
ZnmzJ.jpg

RussK1

Splendid
I came from CoD so naturally I like the smaller maps.

Favorite weapon?

Probably the P90 or A91...

Don't mind most of the other weapons but get riled when someone is spamming the M320 or "auto shotgun" (hint hint → USAS) with frag rounds.

**note**

BF3 has a nice built in tool to check for bottlenecks.

Open up console command (pressing the "tild" ~ key in game) and typing:

Graph - Render.PerfOverlayVisible 1
FPS - Render.DrawFPS 1

The bottom of the graph is showing the render rate in MS for CPU/GPU (lower = better).

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445046-bf3-performance-graph-pure-goodness.html

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/wRayJfclmxE?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
oh yeah pro-troll tip you can get on the unreachable balcony at grand bazaar near A by blowing down the trees behind the area and running up. If you do this fast at the start as a russian and hide a lil while when the US start hiding all round A to attack B you can get a silly number of kills and induce sheer rage in the enemy team.

......best bit the tree vanishes after you blow it so they cant even get up there to evict you,

RussK1

Splendid

I can see people raging. :cry:

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Been wondering how people got up there....... :lol:

I just found out something though, I accidentally started this as a question thread instead of a discussion thread........so there's this big button that says best answer. :lol:

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Theres other bits in grand bazaar you can get on. The main road/highway running from US base to E (bridge) there are little roof bits/balconey on the buildings eitherside of the road if you take a MAV and go on to the higest bits of the rubble you can see you are so close to being able to jump up..... place down mav you can climb up on top of the mav this then puts you high enough to clamber up. This one can be especially useful on the Rush version of the map stick a soflam there to light up the tank.

I really think they should have a kit for assault class "lightweight assualt ladder" a little wire ladder so all the balconeys and ledges can be got at it would bring a huge new dimension to some of the maps.

I know these annoy people but to be honest I see them as legit play more than glitches as it takes a bit of ingenuety not a map error to get there and they are not invincible spots.

The Close quarters maps though are packed with bad glitches little walls you can get behind and shoot people from while being invincible, metro is a bad one too you can get above or underneath the map...... ever died from random c4 explosions or noticed flags capping with nobody anywhere in sight? Thats people above or under the map

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Premium Calender just says September 2012. PS3 will get early access (2 weeks before Premium) Premium should get 2 weeks before regular, so to fit all that "early" access in I would guess very early september for the PS3, mid september Premium (cross platform) and end september for the rest...... thats just educated guessing though

JimmoR3M

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2012
THE most annoying thing about that game, if you're actually half decent at it and get say 40 kills and 12 deaths in a Conquest game, most of the time, you get kicked and left with a message like "You are too good for this server" or some crap like that... :'(

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

You're just joining the wrong servers :p

nzl_jason c

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I have a memorable moment on kharg island i would like to brag about. I was on the russian team, we had all the flags and were completely raping everyone as they spawned and ran up the hill from the beach. I was using the l96, and managed to get two kills with one bullet, better still, they were both headshots. Having no photo or video evidence you have every right not to believe me, but i would never lie. Has anyone else had a double headshot with 1 sniper bullet?

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

Once or Twice.....was basically using the SKS as intended ( a standard infantry semiauto rifle in WWII :p )
just the iron sights....killed 2 person with 1 round, not headshots though both of them were injured by explosives

liar.jpg
:kaola:

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[flash=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/INDMBnTosF4&feature=youtube[/flash]

Patience is a virtue.....would have saved me a lot of money...... :(

Bought BF3 LE for USD50
Bought BF3 Premium for USD 50

now......they have BF3 Premium Edition which includes all those crap for just USD70.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
BF3 armored kill Release date.........can't wait :D

PS3 premium: US september 11, europe september 14
Xbox 360/PC premium: US: september 18 europe: september 21
PS3 regular: US: september 25 europe: september 28
Xbox/PC regular: us oktober 2 europe: oktober 5.