Battlefield 3 General discussion

Was thinking of starting a thread about Battlefield 3 on Toms.
Subjects:
1- Gameplay ( tips, glitches :D )
2- Opinions about maps and weapons ( Ideas on changes to maps or Guns for Christmas )
3- Screenshots or videos ( montage or funny moments....preferably the funnies ;) )
4- FAQs ( PC requirements etc.... though this has mostly been covered by the sticky )
5- Some other stuff that we shall think of.......

Subjects to Avoid:
1- Criticism on Call of Duty series ( Don't like, Don't hate it, just Don't want any flaming )
2- Asking for CD key or "borrowing" BF3 accounts
3- The usual No Nos in life and on Toms
104 answers Last reply
More about battlefield general discussion
  1. Gonna Start off by introducing people to the famous Caspian Border map,
    more specifically the flag.......called Forest



    and also the new Bayonet available in BF3.... :D
  2. I came from CoD so naturally I like the smaller maps.

    Favorite weapon?

    Probably the P90 or A91...

    Don't mind most of the other weapons but get riled when someone is spamming the M320 or "auto shotgun" (hint hint → USAS) with frag rounds.

    **note**

    BF3 has a nice built in tool to check for bottlenecks.

    Open up console command (pressing the "tild" ~ key in game) and typing:

    Graph - Render.PerfOverlayVisible 1
    FPS - Render.DrawFPS 1

    The bottom of the graph is showing the render rate in MS for CPU/GPU (lower = better).

    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445046-bf3-performance-graph-pure-goodness.html

  3. I like sticking c4 to jeeps and ramming tanks/MAA/random people

    Also like putting crymores in silly places

    I managed to get this within the first 2 hours of the 320 smoke bug existing

  4. oh yeah pro-troll tip you can get on the unreachable balcony at grand bazaar near A by blowing down the trees behind the area and running up. If you do this fast at the start as a russian and hide a lil while when the US start hiding all round A to attack B you can get a silly number of kills and induce sheer rage in the enemy team.

    ......best bit the tree vanishes after you blow it so they cant even get up there to evict you,
  5. wr6133 said:
    oh yeah pro-troll tip you can get on the unreachable balcony at grand bazaar near A by blowing down the trees behind the area and running up. If you do this fast at the start as a russian and hide a lil while when the US start hiding all round A to attack B you can get a silly number of kills and induce sheer rage in the enemy team.

    ......best bit the tree vanishes after you blow it so they cant even get up there to evict you,


    I can see people raging. :cry:
  6. wr6133 said:
    oh yeah pro-troll tip you can get on the unreachable balcony at grand bazaar near A by blowing down the trees behind the area and running up. If you do this fast at the start as a russian and hide a lil while when the US start hiding all round A to attack B you can get a silly number of kills and induce sheer rage in the enemy team.

    ......best bit the tree vanishes after you blow it so they cant even get up there to evict you,


    Been wondering how people got up there....... :lol:


    I just found out something though, I accidentally started this as a question thread instead of a discussion thread........so there's this big button that says best answer. :lol:
  7. Theres other bits in grand bazaar you can get on. The main road/highway running from US base to E (bridge) there are little roof bits/balconey on the buildings eitherside of the road if you take a MAV and go on to the higest bits of the rubble you can see you are so close to being able to jump up..... place down mav you can climb up on top of the mav this then puts you high enough to clamber up. This one can be especially useful on the Rush version of the map stick a soflam there to light up the tank.

    I really think they should have a kit for assault class "lightweight assualt ladder" a little wire ladder so all the balconeys and ledges can be got at it would bring a huge new dimension to some of the maps.

    I know these annoy people but to be honest I see them as legit play more than glitches as it takes a bit of ingenuety not a map error to get there and they are not invincible spots.

    The Close quarters maps though are packed with bad glitches little walls you can get behind and shoot people from while being invincible, metro is a bad one too you can get above or underneath the map...... ever died from random c4 explosions or noticed flags capping with nobody anywhere in sight? Thats people above or under the map
  8. Great Parkings
  9. Here's a video really worth checking out :D

  10. Seriously Question though, anyone knows when is the Armored kill expansion to be released?
  11. Premium Calender just says September 2012. PS3 will get early access (2 weeks before Premium) Premium should get 2 weeks before regular, so to fit all that "early" access in I would guess very early september for the PS3, mid september Premium (cross platform) and end september for the rest...... thats just educated guessing though
  12. THE most annoying thing about that game, if you're actually half decent at it and get say 40 kills and 12 deaths in a Conquest game, most of the time, you get kicked and left with a message like "You are too good for this server" or some crap like that... :'(
  13. JimmoR3M said:
    THE most annoying thing about that game, if you're actually half decent at it and get say 40 kills and 12 deaths in a Conquest game, most of the time, you get kicked and left with a message like "You are too good for this server" or some crap like that... :'(



    You're just joining the wrong servers :p
  14. That's the thing. I started playing servers that say "Only Pro's" (which is majorly pretentious) or "No Noobs" but I still get kicked. Where am I supposedly allowed to play?! xD
  15. xtracommunity - lots of servers

    scan - same as the PC store they have a few servers

    =sass= - handful of servers

    All good servers there
  16. Yeah I've played a couple of the Scan servers, they are on my fav's but they are always full. Even with the premium queue jumping it's hard to get into them.
  17. I have a memorable moment on kharg island i would like to brag about. I was on the russian team, we had all the flags and were completely raping everyone as they spawned and ran up the hill from the beach. I was using the l96, and managed to get two kills with one bullet, better still, they were both headshots. Having no photo or video evidence you have every right not to believe me, but i would never lie. Has anyone else had a double headshot with 1 sniper bullet?
  18. nzl_jason c said:
    I have a memorable moment on kharg island i would like to brag about. I was on the russian team, we had all the flags and were completely raping everyone as they spawned and ran up the hill from the beach. I was using the l96, and managed to get two kills with one bullet, better still, they were both headshots. Having no photo or video evidence you have every right not to believe me, but i would never lie. Has anyone else had a double headshot with 1 sniper bullet?


    Once or Twice.....was basically using the SKS as intended ( a standard infantry semiauto rifle in WWII :P )
    just the iron sights....killed 2 person with 1 round, not headshots though both of them were injured by explosives

    :kaola:
  19. I like to put an 8x scope on the 870mcs shotgun and use the slug. i then proceed to kill all the snipers camping on hills and on top of buildings with my sniper shotgun, awesome fun


  20. Patience is a virtue.....would have saved me a lot of money...... :(

    Bought BF3 LE for USD50
    Bought BF3 Premium for USD 50


    now......they have BF3 Premium Edition which includes all those crap for just USD70.
  21. LOL

    Got BF3 on sale for £25 ($37)

    Got Premium from Brazil (via VPN) for around £18 ($27)
  22. BF3 armored kill Release date.........can't wait :D

    PS3 premium: US september 11, europe september 14
    Xbox 360/PC premium: US: september 18 europe: september 21
    PS3 regular: US: september 25 europe: september 28
    Xbox/PC regular: us oktober 2 europe: oktober 5.
  23. Those are either hacks or you guys have been playing alone for a long....time :o
  24. greghome said:
    Those are either hacks or you guys have been playing alone for a long....time :o


    No hacks... it was a 16 player server but people kept quitting. The game did draw out a bit because of camping on my team and their team. Matches like this I wish team killing was on. I was just just fooling around. You know at the end of the game it'll call out 5 more. Well I had to get those 5 kills just to expedite the end of the match.
  25. anyways, you think that new night map in armored kill will have aircraft? :)
  26. at least aftermath will have vehicles to some degree, like Seine crossing, instead of being another Metro or Close Quarters
  27. I have the power!!!!!! downloaded the update 7 times ? :lol:

  28. nzl_jason c said:
    I have a memorable moment on kharg island i would like to brag about. I was on the russian team, we had all the flags and were completely raping everyone as they spawned and ran up the hill from the beach. I was using the l96, and managed to get two kills with one bullet, better still, they were both headshots. Having no photo or video evidence you have every right not to believe me, but i would never lie. Has anyone else had a double headshot with 1 sniper bullet?


    Yeah, actually got a triple headshot with one sniper bullet. I was using the SV98 on the map "Operation Metro"; I caught 'em bunched up in a door way, lined up their domes with my sights and pulled the trigger. It was glorious. :D
  29. Why is it everytime I use the M60 the Hit registration sucks? It's like every bullet is a blank. Annoying... when hit detection works the gun is beast.
  30. RussK1 said:
    Why is it everytime I use the M60 the Hit registration sucks? It's like every bullet is a blank. Annoying... when hit detection works the gun is beast.


    personal bugs maybe?
    I had this problem with no RPK extended mag even though it was made available for 3 months, then after the last patch I got it.

    but somehow I didn't get the scout chopper laser designator for co-pilot when everyone else has it.....
  31. I'm not a shotgun guy, but I did unlock a shotgun like 2 months ago and still can't use it.

    But the M60 thing bugs me the most. I was playing metro earlier and found a dude camping, and I swear I put 50 rounds into the dude and he finally died. It was one of the WTF moments...

    Ex:

  32. This is the BS I'm talking about:



    In Dice's infinite wisdom they decided to use client side hit detection. People realized that it can be exploited by having high pings. There is not a single American server that doesn't have (yes they're cheaters) 250-500ms ping players that cannot be killed.

    If Dice would transition over to server side, the problem would be solved and people would not want to join servers on the otherside of the globe. Sure, server side hit detection requires more resources on said server but what the hell? They've made millions!
  33. Yea, I have that here in Asia as well when playing on Australian servers.

    @Russ, but yea, how to record you game?
    I use Fraps, and am running a WD Blue Drive and it still microstutters quite a bit
  34. greghome said:
    Yea, I have that here in Asia as well when playing on Australian servers.

    @Russ, but yea, how to record you game?
    I use Fraps, and am running a WD Blue Drive and it still microstutters quite a bit



    I use Predator (MSI AB)... It's better than Fraps. Is BF3 installed to the disk you record to? If so, that's probably the reason for the stuttering. I'd suggest getting another drive separate from the game install.
  35. greghome said:
    Those are either hacks or you guys have been playing alone for a long....time :o


    The round duration time is listed as 151 minutes, that's ~ 2.5 hours for that round.
  36. Hawkeye22 said:
    The round duration time is listed as 151 minutes, that's ~ 2.5 hours for that round.


    Yeah, way too long. It started with a 1v1 then people joined. But it got to the point of being reckless and wanting the match to end or just dropping out entirely. Somehow I thought it was a 150 kill match... which would have been reasonable.
  37. ping is always high here in India.....and sometimes it really frustrates me......
    any suggestion to reduce ping.....
    i have a 2mbps broadband connection....
  38. tremborg said:
    ping is always high here in India.....and sometimes it really frustrates me......
    any suggestion to reduce ping.....
    i have a 2mbps broadband connection....


    Move to Singapore?
    AFAIK, India should have it's own servers now.
    You can't fix ping, it's related to distance between you and the other end of the server. :hello:

    @Russ, will try recording on another Drive. :bounce:
  39. Quote:
    @Russ, will try recording on another Drive.


    That'll fix it for you. Make sure it's a drive with decent sustained write speeds. Remember it's a bottleneck no matter what drive you get. Unless you RAID SSD's of course.
  40. RussK1 said:
    Quote:
    @Russ, will try recording on another Drive.


    That'll fix it for you. Make sure it's a drive with decent sustained write speeds. Remember it's a bottleneck no matter what drive you get. Unless you RAID SSD's of course.


    Finally recording at 60fps.... :D
    Thanks
  41. This thread needs life.

    I never realized just how good the Spas12 and Remington 870 are. They def. own.
  42. RussK1 said:
    This thread needs life.

    I never realized just how good the Spas12 and Remington 870 are. They def. own.


    Well, when we were on idle Chit Chat.
    there were more people and here the only people that seem to be permanent is you and me.. :(
    Need more people here,

    and yea, the pump action shotguns are definitely better than the autoshotguns.
  43. RussK1 said:
    This thread needs life.

    I never realized just how good the Spas12 and Remington 870 are. They def. own.

    I have yet to unlock the Spas 12. :kaola:

    Greg you should join Russ, Stick, Abdullah, and I with some BF3 later this week ;)
  44. amuffin said:
    I have yet to unlock the Spas 12. :kaola:

    Greg you should join Russ, Stick, Abdullah, and I with some BF3 later this week ;)


    I'm about 6000 miles away from you guys.........Ping is not gonna side with me...even on Hawaiian servers :p
  45. Ah, I see. :/
  46. greghome said:
    I'm about 6000 miles away from you guys.........Ping is not gonna side with me...even on Hawaiian servers :p


    What kind of ping do you get on Hawaiian servers? I actually get 20ms ping on Brazilian servers and I'm in East Coast, US. I played on a server yesterday and people were playing with 500ms ping.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battlefield Call of Duty Video Games