Unable to install printer driver (Canon S500)

Mary

My printer stopped working and even disappeared from the control panel. I
went to Canon's site and tried to download the driver. It didn't work at
first - then I disabled anti-virus software and was able to download the
driver update. Now I can't install it. I get a message that says "An error
occured while copying file CNMPD.DL_. Cannot copy file to destination
directory." I used my printer last week.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

First, try using system restore to set the system to a date the printer
was working.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

:
: Any help is greatly appreciated.
:
: Thanks.

Mary

Hi - I did a system restore, but I still get the same message. Do you have
other suggestions? Thanks.

"mary" wrote:

> My printer stopped working and even disappeared from the control panel. I
> went to Canon's site and tried to download the driver. It didn't work at
> first - then I disabled anti-virus software and was able to download the
> driver update. Now I can't install it. I get a message that says "An error
> occured while copying file CNMPD.DL_. Cannot copy file to destination
> directory." I used my printer last week.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

hello my name is florence i have the cd to instole but i just can't seem to
get it right can you help me please

"mary" wrote:

> Hi - I did a system restore, but I still get the same message. Do you have
> other suggestions? Thanks.
>
> "mary" wrote:
>
> > My printer stopped working and even disappeared from the control panel. I
> > went to Canon's site and tried to download the driver. It didn't work at
> > first - then I disabled anti-virus software and was able to download the
> > driver update. Now I can't install it. I get a message that says "An error
> > occured while copying file CNMPD.DL_. Cannot copy file to destination
> > directory." I used my printer last week.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

Mary

Hi Tom - Thanks for the advice. I did a system restore but the driver still
won't install. Any other suggestions? Thanks very much.

Mary