Printing a document from a shared file on lan

January 11, 2005 12:35:03 PM

We have two Dell computers on our home wireles network. An HP Printer is
attached to my machine. If I print a word document from her computer by
accessing her files, the document does not print out in the same size (page,
size, font) etc. even though both comuters show the same sie font used.
--
Paul
January 11, 2005 8:42:55 PM

With a nameless model HP printer, the first place to look is to see if
normal.dot is the same on both systems. Next, some of the HP drivers had
margin and a few other settings in the printer driver setup windows. It's
most likely that the document is getting reformatted due to differences in
word settings between the two computers. Renaming normal.dot on both should
make them the same when word is next used. I'm not gonna go into what will
or will not happen when you overwrite normal.dot with the other computers
version. It can be done, however differences in word versions and updates
can caause problems.

!