Printing a document from a shared file on lan

We have two Dell computers on our home wireles network. An HP Printer is
attached to my machine. If I print a word document from her computer by
accessing her files, the document does not print out in the same size (page,
size, font) etc. even though both comuters show the same sie font used.
--
Paul
1 answer Last reply

    With a nameless model HP printer, the first place to look is to see if
    normal.dot is the same on both systems. Next, some of the HP drivers had
    margin and a few other settings in the printer driver setup windows. It's
    most likely that the document is getting reformatted due to differences in
    word settings between the two computers. Renaming normal.dot on both should
    make them the same when word is next used. I'm not gonna go into what will
    or will not happen when you overwrite normal.dot with the other computers
    version. It can be done, however differences in word versions and updates
    can caause problems.

    "Paul Kudla" <kudla@cox.net> wrote in message
    > We have two Dell computers on our home wireles network. An HP Printer is
    > attached to my machine. If I print a word document from her computer by
    > accessing her files, the document does not print out in the same size
    > (page,
    > size, font) etc. even though both comuters show the same sie font used.
    > --
    > Paul

Document Windows XP