Can anyone tell me how to insert my signature into an XP fax? I enter
the fax phone number, who to, subject, etc., and select my cover page. I
type
in a note in the NOTE field. I now want to put my signature right below my
note. I click on prewiew the fax. I then click to open it in Paint. I then
insert my signature, that is in a .bmp file, into the proper location within
Paint. I click on close and it asks me if I want to save the new file
regarding the fax and I click on yes. Now in Preview it doesn't show any
signature that I had inserted. I chose to send the fax anyway but the fax
number was busy. I later clicked on this fax that was left in the Outbox in
the Fax Console. I clicked on it to view it but there was still no signature
pasted into the fax. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Expected behavior; previewing a Fax creates a temporary file which is
deleted when the preview window closes. The only way I can think of for
this to work would be to place the image on a cover page with the Cover Page
Editor and save it as a custom cover page.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Rancy Snyder" <rancy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to insert my signature into an XP fax? I enter
> the fax phone number, who to, subject, etc., and select my cover page. I
> type
> in a note in the NOTE field. I now want to put my signature right below my
> note. I click on prewiew the fax. I then click to open it in Paint. I then
> insert my signature, that is in a .bmp file, into the proper location
> within
> Paint. I click on close and it asks me if I want to save the new file
> regarding the fax and I click on yes. Now in Preview it doesn't show any
> signature that I had inserted. I chose to send the fax anyway but the fax
> number was busy. I later clicked on this fax that was left in the Outbox
> in
> the Fax Console. I clicked on it to view it but there was still no
> signature
> pasted into the fax. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I think you make a good point Hal. But I am curious about one thing. In
the fax viewer while viewing the cover page and other pages to be faxed, the
one icon near the bottom right of the page, just to the left of the question
mark, allows one to open the page for editing. So by inserting a .bmp image,
it seems that would be editing. Randy.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> Expected behavior; previewing a Fax creates a temporary file which is
> deleted when the preview window closes. The only way I can think of for
> this to work would be to place the image on a cover page with the Cover
> Page Editor and save it as a custom cover page.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Rancy Snyder" <rancy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me how to insert my signature into an XP fax? I enter
>> the fax phone number, who to, subject, etc., and select my cover page. I
>> type
>> in a note in the NOTE field. I now want to put my signature right below
>> my
>> note. I click on prewiew the fax. I then click to open it in Paint. I
>> then
>> insert my signature, that is in a .bmp file, into the proper location
>> within
>> Paint. I click on close and it asks me if I want to save the new file
>> regarding the fax and I click on yes. Now in Preview it doesn't show any
>> signature that I had inserted. I chose to send the fax anyway but the fax
>> number was busy. I later clicked on this fax that was left in the Outbox
>> in
>> the Fax Console. I clicked on it to view it but there was still no
>> signature
>> pasted into the fax. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I figured it out Hal. Click to edit the preview so that it opens in
Paint. Set the Page Set up to Fit in 1 of 1 page. Paste from the .bmp file
the signature that you want. Put the signature in place. Now click on Print
and choose Print to Fax. Again, enter the TO name and the FAX number. Do not
use any cover page because you are faxing the cover page with the signature
on it. Click on preview the fax and you will see the signature there.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> Expected behavior; previewing a Fax creates a temporary file which is
> deleted when the preview window closes. The only way I can think of for
> this to work would be to place the image on a cover page with the Cover
> Page Editor and save it as a custom cover page.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Rancy Snyder" <rancy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me how to insert my signature into an XP fax? I enter
>> the fax phone number, who to, subject, etc., and select my cover page. I
>> type
>> in a note in the NOTE field. I now want to put my signature right below
>> my
>> note. I click on prewiew the fax. I then click to open it in Paint. I
>> then
>> insert my signature, that is in a .bmp file, into the proper location
>> within
>> Paint. I click on close and it asks me if I want to save the new file
>> regarding the fax and I click on yes. Now in Preview it doesn't show any
>> signature that I had inserted. I chose to send the fax anyway but the fax
>> number was busy. I later clicked on this fax that was left in the Outbox
>> in
>> the Fax Console. I clicked on it to view it but there was still no
>> signature
>> pasted into the fax. Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Thanks for posting your work-around! I've added it to my list of cool Fax
tricks. Well done!

Hal