recordkeeping for company printing

how can I record users' printer activity in a convenient form? i need
to be able to generate an "account listing" of all the users at the
end of the month showing their printer activity on one specific
printer ('cause it's per page cost is horrendous). i know i could
probably pull that out of a long auditing log, but need something
quick and dirty.

thanks in advance.

any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about recordkeeping company printing

    HOW TO: Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310399&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "no one" wrote:

    | how can I record users' printer activity in a convenient form? i need
    | to be able to generate an "account listing" of all the users at the
    | end of the month showing their printer activity on one specific
    | printer ('cause it's per page cost is horrendous). i know i could
    | probably pull that out of a long auditing log, but need something
    | quick and dirty.
    |
    | thanks in advance.
    |
    | any ideas?

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:22:19 -0600, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    thanks for the heads-up, Carey.

    >HOW TO: Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310399&Product=winxp

Fax Microsoft Printers Windows XP