Problems printing merged document

January 12, 2005 3:37:30 PM

Hello!

I made a .Net application which takes a document with labels and merges it.
I'm using a dot matrix printer (Epson FX-980), so the paper is continuous
The size of the label is 4''*2'', and the width of the paper is 5.1''

My problem is this:

When I send the document to the printer, the first label is correctly
printed, but after that, the printer skips 5 labels (leave them blank), and
then prints the second label.
What can I do to correct this?
January 18, 2005 1:11:56 AM

Something is set to the standard (more or less) 81/2-11 page length.
Evidently the printer is printing one label per page.
It may be that the printer driver is not set to continous, or the program is
not setup correctly.
If the program puts out a form feed after each label, and the form length is
set to ~81/2-11, that might also cause your problem.

!