Epson stylus color 600

I can't print any document from my printer I have tryed the connections and
nothing seems to work I was wondering whether there was anything I could do
to get it to work. Apart from just buying a new one...
2 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus color

    Does the printer self-test print anything?

    Was the operating system recently upgraded from Windows 98?

    What is the source of the printer driver?

    What applications were used to try to print?

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "teddybearhair" <teddybearhair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1606D946-95FA-41A1-BB1C-BC4F6D6B9A1B@microsoft.com...
    :I can't print any document from my printer I have tryed the connections
    and
    : nothing seems to work I was wondering whether there was anything I
    could do
    : to get it to work. Apart from just buying a new one...

    I have the same problem with my Epson stylus color 600.

    I've tried everything and nothing is working. The printer is connected to
    the computer via parallel in LPT1 port. I've installed the WindowsXP drivers
    for this printer model. The computer doesn't detect the new hardware with
    Plug and Play when turned ON (don't know why) so I had to manually Add
    Hardware (Printer Port) with the Hardware Wizard. Everytime I send a test
    page or print from a command prompt or WordPad nothing happens for 1-2
    minutes and then I get a "Printer Out of Paper" message in the pop-up. of
    course the printer has enough paper (and I can print a sefl-test page from
    the printer). I also tried with another parallel cable and it still doesn't
    work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the printer's driver many time and
    it's still not printing.

    Any idea what I'm missing here?

    Thanks,
    Ben

    "teddybearhair" wrote:

    > I can't print any document from my printer I have tryed the connections and
    > nothing seems to work I was wondering whether there was anything I could do
    > to get it to work. Apart from just buying a new one...

Stylus Epson Windows XP