Epson stylus color 600

I can't print any document from my printer I have tryed the connections and
nothing seems to work I was wondering whether there was anything I could do
to get it to work. Apart from just buying a new one...

Does the printer self-test print anything?

Was the operating system recently upgraded from Windows 98?

What is the source of the printer driver?

What applications were used to try to print?

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"teddybearhair" <teddybearhair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1606D946-95FA-41A1-BB1C-BC4F6D6B9A1B@microsoft.com...
:I can't print any document from my printer I have tryed the connections
and
: nothing seems to work I was wondering whether there was anything I
could do
: to get it to work. Apart from just buying a new one...

I have the same problem with my Epson stylus color 600.

I've tried everything and nothing is working. The printer is connected to
the computer via parallel in LPT1 port. I've installed the WindowsXP drivers
for this printer model. The computer doesn't detect the new hardware with
Plug and Play when turned ON (don't know why) so I had to manually Add
Hardware (Printer Port) with the Hardware Wizard. Everytime I send a test
page or print from a command prompt or WordPad nothing happens for 1-2
minutes and then I get a "Printer Out of Paper" message in the pop-up. of
course the printer has enough paper (and I can print a sefl-test page from
the printer). I also tried with another parallel cable and it still doesn't
work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the printer's driver many time and
it's still not printing.

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Ben