Can't Print from LPT1 After Installing SP2 for Windows XP

January 12, 2005 5:29:03 PM

After I installed SP2 for Windows XP, I cannot print from LPT1 port. It
seems that the Spooler dose not work. If if you open the printer window you
can see that a line which shows spooling (in addition to the original line)
flashes. Furthermore, when I open the "Print and Fax" window from Control
Panel which is opened from openning My Computer, the Windows Explorer shuts
down atomatically (if the Control Panel is opened from Start button, the
"Printer and Fax" window can be opened. Is there anyone who can tell me how
I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:07:01 PM

Try to reinstall your printer driver.

!