Can't Print from LPT1 After Installing SP2 for Windows XP

After I installed SP2 for Windows XP, I cannot print from LPT1 port. It
seems that the Spooler dose not work. If if you open the printer window you
can see that a line which shows spooling (in addition to the original line)
flashes. Furthermore, when I open the "Print and Fax" window from Control
Panel which is opened from openning My Computer, the Windows Explorer shuts
down atomatically (if the Control Panel is opened from Start button, the
"Printer and Fax" window can be opened. Is there anyone who can tell me how
I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about print lpt1 installing windows

    Try to reinstall your printer driver.

    "Weike Hai" wrote:

    > After I installed SP2 for Windows XP, I cannot print from LPT1 port. It
    > seems that the Spooler dose not work. If if you open the printer window you
    > can see that a line which shows spooling (in addition to the original line)
    > flashes. Furthermore, when I open the "Print and Fax" window from Control
    > Panel which is opened from openning My Computer, the Windows Explorer shuts
    > down atomatically (if the Control Panel is opened from Start button, the
    > "Printer and Fax" window can be opened. Is there anyone who can tell me how
    > I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Fax LPT1 Windows XP