Printer will not print correctly

I have an Epson CX5400 and every time I try to print any text it ends up
printing in a photo mode. I went to my properties and set the printer to
print text only and on plain paper not photo but it won't stay with these
settings.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

It's likely that the printer is the default printer, and you did not change
the properties via start-settings-printers and faxes. Since this is (as I
remember) a multifunction, you will need to make sure that both the printer
and fax printer drivers are set to the desired printing quality. Then, see
if the application you are using has a different default print quality
setting, changing it as needed.

It turns out that this sort of thing can happen when a printer driver was
originally written for an earlier version of windows, and modifed to be
compatable with later versions. The same thing may happen with an
application when it's printing system interface dates from development for
an earler version of windows. The complication of a multifunction printer
usually means that some of the supplied driver and application modules were
designed for windows 2k or 9x, and updated just enough to work with XP.