Help I need to know how to overclock

G

Can you guys teack me how to overclock computers please?
My CPU is :AMD athlon 1.2 Ghz
My motherboard is:Aopen Ak73 Pro
My computer normal tempture is 19 to 37 C
Now i tried to overclock my computer in cmos and i overclock it to 1.3 Ghz The most that i can go in Cmos is1.4 something Can i make my computer faster than 1.3
I'm new to computers me only 13 years old

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
before to do anything would be good if you read a basic guide of overclocking.
<A HREF="http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=18" target="_new">http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=18</A>

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
for one thing get the newest bios form aopen

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

Why because on the Aopen web site that I just went in I says that if my bios is working fine than don't upgrade it.
Do i have to upgrade my bios??
And it says that my bios might go wrong if i upgrade it
I don't know what to do Help

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
you are nly going to be able to go to 1.4

becuase that is high as the motehrbaord supports. first i need to know if it is not making it to 1.4 if it is not stable oor becuse you don't know how to

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

Thanks But will the new bios break my computer because this is my only computer.I don't get whay there is a moterboard called Ak73Pro(A) What does that mean because i think my moterboard is Ak73 Pro

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
the a stands for a diffrenty chip set

your uses tyhe kt113

the one with the a stands for kt113a which was a revison of teh kt 133
the kt 133 was never able to with stand a 133 fsb

G

For the Ak73Pro(a) does it say that on the box if that's what you buy or Ak73 pro and Ak73 pro A use the same box
because if they use the same box how would i know what am i using???

G

Hi I know how to overclock the computer from my cmos
I think the most that i can get from my cmos is 1420Mhz
something like that would i be able to get there??
I don't think my computer ever gets too hot
But I'm very very worried about my geforce2MX200
because it always have problems i don't know why some times my Windows Xp tells me that my Geforce can draw a picture.Is it because the Geforce2 is too Hot!!
I THINK IT IS because my Cpu is even colder than my grforce 2 Do my geforce have a problem?? HELP Please Thank you

G

wow,
What is cooling your CPU. 19 degrees C!!!
24 C = 75 F
That 19 C is way below room temperature.

May Fortune Favor The Foolish

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
that would be your fan on the heat sink

G

Hi I got a good news and a bad news
Good news:I overclocked my computer to 1440Mhz That's all it can go!!
Bad news:After I overclocked my computer to 1.4 the computer started to be not stable and started to froze and stuff The tempture is 35 normal now is it ok
can i make my computer more stable with 1440Mhz
Help please I didn't add any voltage to my normal voltage
Help I need to make my computer more stable please tell me how If i add voltage would it make my computer more stable?? If I add voltage would it hurt my CPU??

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
it will make it more stable but the down side is that it will prduce more heat

my 1.2 axia cor chip has to go to 1.85 to pull of 1.47 but at 1.4 it is fine at 1.75

heat can shorten the life of the chip but a chip is desinged to last 10 years as it is

G

Is my computer screwed up or something?
when i turn up the voltage and overclocked it to 1440Mhz
The temputure went down to 23-37C If i didn't turn up the voltage and running at 1440Mhz The tempture would go from 37-47C Is my computer screwed up
But it's so good that my computer can be at a low temp and running at 1440Mhz

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
got on the internet and get a utlity called mother baord monitor 5 and install and tell the voltage stats on i. also try to configure the tempature sensors in it

G

Can you tell me the website to download the mother baord monitor 5 Please I coludn't find it on the internet
I tried to turn up my voltage up but when it detects it say the voltage is not turned up Weird My computer is still not very stable because i can't turn up the voltage
Tell me where to download mother baord monitor 5 Please thanks

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
<A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com/" target="_new">http://mbm.livewiredev.com/</A>

what is better then a 7000 rpm, a 8000 rpm delta. to cause more noise to kill your ears :smile:

G

How do i use the motherboard monitar can you tell me please this is my first time using that program is is good to use??

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
jsut install it and play around with it it isn't that hard of a prgram to use

what is better then a 7000 rpm, a 8000 rpm delta. to cause more noise to kill your ears :smile:

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
it measure temps fan speeds and voltage while you are in windows

The_MaguS

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Jeez, I'm trying not to be rude, but this kid comes off as being really annoying. He asks about EVERY single thing. I suggest he learns what a HSF is before trying to overclock.

Not that I don't ask lotta questions....but I mean, can't he do a google search for that program someone listed rather than bugging them to post a link?

Oh well. He's only 13, I guess I got nothing better to do.

<font color=blue> There's no such thing as hell, but you can make it if you try.</font color=blue>