Having Quest problem in skyrim

aharsh9703

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I was actually doing the The bards mission
and i did it till Viamro's speech after that when it say talk to Jorn the marker still stays on Viamro i found Jorn without it and talked to him but when i went to meet after the dawn the marker still stays on Viamro and Jorn isn't there and i cannot attend the burning ceremony
please tell me how can i get this fixed

Solution
some times the quests bug out i gave up playing skyrim because of it with over 130 hours played. i did all the main missions but i had about a dozen side missions i couldnt complete because of bugs.
all i can recommend is you restart from a save previous to starting that mission and trying again.
or you can use the command console to complete it for you... but 1s you do that it can make things worse as you will be tempted to do it for difficult missions.
some times the quests bug out i gave up playing skyrim because of it with over 130 hours played. i did all the main missions but i had about a dozen side missions i couldnt complete because of bugs.
all i can recommend is you restart from a save previous to starting that mission and trying again.
or you can use the command console to complete it for you... but 1s you do that it can make things worse as you will be tempted to do it for difficult missions.

Solution
If I remember correctly you need to hang around for a min. or 2 around in the area outside where the ceremony is for people to gather. Also there are many quest bugs in skyrim if you search google you may be able to find a command to complete the quest automatically if its a bug, assuming its the PC version.

aharsh9703

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

yeah it was just an bug
but i completed the mission via console :D

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

Had the same probs the first time around. Playing it the second time, what I do is make sure I don't progress too much on the main quest and keep having fun with the open world and the ga-zillion side quests! :)
Worked for me so far, no bugs yet....touchwood!