get "printer cannot be removed. access is denied." error w..

i've got a connection to a printer on another machine. i want to delete my
connection to that shared printer. i tried to delete the connection in the
normal way on the printers and faxes window. i got the status "deleting" for
the printer. i rebooted my machine but the printer is still there with the
status "deleting". there is nothing in the queue. both machines are running
xp home. when i double click on the printer, it shows in the title "access
denied". when i try to delete it again, it gives the error: "printer cannot
be removed. access is denied.". how do i get rid of this? thanks

--
Gary Roach
ADB Services

    Stop it from being shared on the PC to which it is attached.
    www.coribright.com

    "Gary Roach" <jgroach@NOSPAMcogeco.ca> wrote in message
    > i've got a connection to a printer on another machine. i want to delete my
    > connection to that shared printer. i tried to delete the connection in the
    > normal way on the printers and faxes window. i got the status "deleting"
    > for the printer. i rebooted my machine but the printer is still there with
    > the status "deleting". there is nothing in the queue. both machines are
    > running xp home. when i double click on the printer, it shows in the title
    > "access denied". when i try to delete it again, it gives the error:
    > "printer cannot be removed. access is denied.". how do i get rid of this?
    > thanks
    >
    > --
    > Gary Roach
    > ADB Services