Question : Possibility of Remote Desktop gaming on Tablets

aviconus

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
I have semi looked around on google and what not about the possibility of streaming games through a remote desktop program. I have a very long road trip comming up and if I were able to stream Skyrim or a PS2 emulator on to it via my uber computer, that would be awesome. Is this outside the relm of possibility? Said program would be running on Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1. Thanks.

Solution

People have had some pretty good results doing it on their home LAN with splashtop. However, streaming from your PC to your tablet while traveling will pretty much be a no go though, as the latency is just unplayable.

The only real option you would have for that would be to use a service like OnLive or Giaku (sp?), where you can stream PC games from...

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

People have had some pretty good results doing it on their home LAN with splashtop. However, streaming from your PC to your tablet while traveling will pretty much be a no go though, as the latency is just unplayable.

The only real option you would have for that would be to use a service like OnLive or Giaku (sp?), where you can stream PC games from their servers to your tablet. The quality of these services vary greatly depending on what type of internet connection you will have when traveling. If you are stuck on hotel wireless, it will probably be a pretty poor experience as from what I have seen it takes a minimum of a 5Mbs (constant and very stable) connection to have a decent experience.

Solution

aviconus

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Awesome, this is the answer I was expecting. I did happen to stumble upon OnLive the other day, So basically, my best bet is going to be an emulator. The road trip will be from Austin Tx. to California, so I imagine there will be time where signal is going to be scetchy. Are modern (term used loosely as they have not been out long) Tablets capable of emulating PS2, or am I limited to PS1? I have an Xperia Play phone that runs PS1 smoothly, and would hope that a dual core Tab would be able to handle PS2.