purple printing????

hey, ive nbeed using my printer for about a year, its always been fine, but
now, its started printing in purple. it is the hp deskjet, 960c printer.
i have changed the cartridges, and the black works fine, but when printing
test pages, or normal colour photos, it is just like a purple version!
when i printed a test page, and cleaned the dartridges, it appered that
there was no yellow.
please could somebody help me on this matter!!
thankyou,
mike driscoll
1 answer Last reply
More about purple printing

    Yellow is hard to see on white paper. If in fact, ther is no yellow with new
    cartridges, you first should try another new yellow one. If that does not
    work, there may be a connection problem to the cartridge or a failed
    printer. If this printer has seperate tanks and heads, the head may be
    clogged, or have an air lock. There are way to solve both problems.

    "Myke Driscoll" <MykeDriscoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hey, ive nbeed using my printer for about a year, its always been fine,
    > but
    > now, its started printing in purple. it is the hp deskjet, 960c printer.
    > i have changed the cartridges, and the black works fine, but when printing
    > test pages, or normal colour photos, it is just like a purple version!
    > when i printed a test page, and cleaned the dartridges, it appered that
    > there was no yellow.
    > please could somebody help me on this matter!!
    > thankyou,
    > mike driscoll

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers Windows XP