  • Printers
  • Windows XP
a b α HP
January 16, 2005 7:15:03 AM

hey, ive nbeed using my printer for about a year, its always been fine, but
now, its started printing in purple. it is the hp deskjet, 960c printer.
i have changed the cartridges, and the black works fine, but when printing
test pages, or normal colour photos, it is just like a purple version!
when i printed a test page, and cleaned the dartridges, it appered that
there was no yellow.
please could somebody help me on this matter!!
thankyou,
mike driscoll

More about : purple printing

January 18, 2005 1:41:57 AM

Yellow is hard to see on white paper. If in fact, ther is no yellow with new
cartridges, you first should try another new yellow one. If that does not
work, there may be a connection problem to the cartridge or a failed
printer. If this printer has seperate tanks and heads, the head may be
clogged, or have an air lock. There are way to solve both problems.