HP Photosmart 7550 has stopped printing under SP2

My HP Photosmart 7550 has suddenly stopped printing under Windows XP Pro SP2
(slipstreamed) when I reinstalled my OS following a motherboard upgrade. It
works fine under my laptop (which is running the same OS version albeit
Windows XP Pro with SP 2 installed from the upgrade.

I am able to install the drivers without any issues and can print a test
page and diagnostic page, but any application that tries to print simply
jettisons out blank pages, which seems to sugges the driver or spooler is
not working correctly.

Any ideas?

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall.....
www.coribright.com

"GingerNinja" <gingerninja@johno.co.uk> wrote in message
> My HP Photosmart 7550 has suddenly stopped printing under Windows XP Pro
> SP2 (slipstreamed) when I reinstalled my OS following a motherboard
> upgrade. It works fine under my laptop (which is running the same OS
> version albeit Windows XP Pro with SP 2 installed from the upgrade.
>
> I am able to install the drivers without any issues and can print a test
> page and diagnostic page, but any application that tries to print simply
> jettisons out blank pages, which seems to sugges the driver or spooler is
> not working correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

Thanks Cari. Tried that already and it doesn't help. Even forced it to use
slightly older drivers, but this didn't help either.

HP Support are going to run out of ideas first as they are focusing on the
hardware side and seem to be igorning the fact that I can print from my
wife's laptop on the same printer, but not my main PC - both using the same
drivers.

What would control the Printer in the start-up services i.e using MSCONFIG
to disable services at start-up?

> Try a complete uninstall and reinstall.....
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "GingerNinja" <gingerninja@johno.co.uk> wrote in message
>> My HP Photosmart 7550 has suddenly stopped printing under Windows XP Pro
>> SP2 (slipstreamed) when I reinstalled my OS following a motherboard
>> upgrade. It works fine under my laptop (which is running the same OS
>> version albeit Windows XP Pro with SP 2 installed from the upgrade.
>>
>> I am able to install the drivers without any issues and can print a test
>> page and diagnostic page, but any application that tries to print simply
>> jettisons out blank pages, which seems to sugges the driver or spooler is
>> not working correctly.
>>
>> Any ideas?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:10:53 -0000, "GingerNinja"
<gingerninja@johno.co.uk> wrote:

>My HP Photosmart 7550 has suddenly stopped printing under Windows XP Pro SP2
>(slipstreamed) when I reinstalled my OS following a motherboard upgrade. It
>works fine under my laptop (which is running the same OS version albeit
>Windows XP Pro with SP 2 installed from the upgrade.
>
>I am able to install the drivers without any issues and can print a test
>page and diagnostic page, but any application that tries to print simply
>jettisons out blank pages, which seems to sugges the driver or spooler is
>not working correctly.
>
>Any ideas?

Try cleaning your drivers