LG vx4600 gps - Info?

I read that my LG4600 has a GPS feature that enables my phone to be
tracked. Can anyone tell me something about it as my manual doesn't
mention it? Also, can it be turned off?

Thanx in advance.

--
veronica27
More about vx4600 info

    "veronica27" <veronica27.1m4tay@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

    > I read that my LG4600 has a GPS feature that enables my phone to be
    > tracked. Can anyone tell me something about it as my manual doesn't
    > mention it? Also, can it be turned off?
    >
    > Thanx in advance.
    >

    > --
    > veronica27
    > brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

    I believe that all recent Verizon Phones are required to have some form of
    GPS activated. It is to be used with the Enhanced 911 service so that a
    properly equipped 911 call center can get a fix on the callers location.

    My Moto V265 has the option of setting full GPS or for 911 service only. I
    don't believe I'm offered an option to turn it off. With the Moto, I go
    into Setup -- Locations.

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:14:16 GMT, veronica27
    <veronica27.1m4tay@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:
    >I read that my LG4600 has a GPS feature that enables my phone to be
    >tracked. Can anyone tell me something about it as my manual doesn't
    >mention it? Also, can it be turned off?

    You can set it so it will only be active when you call 911. See page 126
    of the VX4600 User's Manual.

    --
    Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
    njtbob@X-verizon-X.net | rich writing software."

Verizon LG GPS Internet Service Providers