Sign in with
Your question

GTA IV - blinding white trees with iCEhancer +H1Vltg3

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2012 7:31:23 PM

Greetings:

I've got GTA IV nicely installed with everything running fine. I installed iCEhancer along with H!Vltg3's edits and RealizmIV. Everything looks great except...

1) blinding white trees during the day (I've tried tweaking the icehancer.fx file, but to little benefit - maybe I'm just doing that wrong)
2) blindingly dark streets and alleys during the night (ditto above parenthetical remark)

My next step is to install the Ultimate Textures mod and maybe that will fix things, but anyone have thoughts on this in the meantime?

Many thanks

P.S. - I'm using an OC'd Radeon HD 7950 (900mhz core clock) with 3GB VRAM and an i5-2500k. Processing power isn't the issue here as everything runs with no stuttering whatsoever.

August 13, 2012 7:48:31 PM

I'm pretty sure H!Vltg3's edits is at fault here.
m
l
August 13, 2012 8:03:18 PM

Sunius said:
I'm pretty sure H!Vltg3's edits is at fault here.

You're probably right. I like the edits as everything looks pretty slick, but the lighting is a real problem. Any idea how to uninstall the edits? So far as I can tell, when you drag and drop the files into the GTA IV folder, it simply re-writes icehancer.fx values
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 13, 2012 8:27:04 PM

Just drop normal Icenhancer without the edits in your GTA 4 folder and it should fix it.
m
l
!