Why are games so unfair?

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
:hello:
I was playing a racing game and this is where i came-
Did you notice anything that would make you cry?
My name is cheese=

POS.png

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Interesting.. I used to play that game.. until I modded a file and accidentally changed the language to Italian... :pfff:
Lost the CD too lol. Ah well, have fun. It seems like older games- although not as graphically appealing as today's releases, are much more entertaining than the newer ones.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Yeah, although the graphics may be more realistic... the gameplay isn't.. destroys the game if you have to be so constantly worried about picking up some nitrous tubes by running over them at 200 mph... :pfff:

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Or you need to get coins to buy a car when you first get the game by racing in a race and you haven't got a car to race with.....

Project Gothem Racing has gone crap, bought PGR 2, liked it, got PGR 4 , hated it, just sitting in the pile of games.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Same thing with that online game for NFS... You have to pay for everything.. I might as well buy the real car instead of paying for a picture >_>

jay_nar2012

Distinguished

Ah NFS: World, go on that sometimes, just keep on doing the same race on and on, easy way and boring way of raising your level.

One thing i hate about racing games is when cars get in your way, so annoying....

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Yeah, but I stopped playing it after 2-3 races... I decided that it wasn't fair to have to buy stuff if I want to win a race.. It's basically whoever wastes the most money on cars gets the win.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
And it wastes 2GB of hard drive space when you need the internet to play it anyway, the same goes to some other games (like AC2), that internet requirement is BS, you pay like £20-40 on a game and they expect you to have the internet to play it.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Too true... too true... Even games that have no reason for being connected to the internet like BF3.... You need an internet connection to log into freaking Origin, and to try and set it up to log in without internet connection is a pain in the neck.. That's what I don't like about cloud computing... Everyone thinks it's so convenient to have all your music, pictures, movie, games etc.. located on the internet, I don't think it's bad to have them backed up there. But if that's your source every time you want to access it, you've dug yourself into a hole.. what if the services terminates your account? Or you don't have access to the internet for an extended amount of time? what now genius, you've just lost all your stuff. lol

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
You need the internet to do everything now, before games didn't need the internet now there is the DRM system which is meant to prevent pirating , i don't see a decrease in it....

Do you?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

Doesn't seem like it. As security technology advances, so do ways around them. I mean, piracy is definitely becoming a bigger problem.. Google is trying to take action against it with their new "search algorithm". And there was a crackdown on an illegal P2P tracker. But in reality, piracy isn't going to stop soon. And no one is innocent, I think that if people who are responsible for uploading content illegally for free are to be prosecuted, then so should the thieves making billions a year. Don't get me wrong, I think piracy is wrong, but I don't like hypocrisy either.

I think DRM systems should be illegal. I buy music, documentaries etc.. on iTunes, and if I can't burn a freaking DVD video of a $4 documentary so I can watch on my TV.. Then I feel like Apple is infringing on my rights- when I spend my money on their media, I am entitled to use it for personal use.. and If I'm not able to make use of that agreement.. Then I think that they should also be blamed for people who are forced to work around their system, which is viewed as taboo/ illegal/ whatever you want to call it.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

Dream on with this one its here to stay and get more oppresive not less

Largely our own faults when there was no DRM a large number of people pirated the living crap out of anything, I doubt any of us that gamed pre-steam and the like can honestly say we never had any contact with pirated software.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010

lol, over here in Egypt a 256 GB SSD costs 600 USD- if you're lucky enough to even find one in a store. :ouch:
But yeah, people here don't spend much money on technology, a basic computer is enough, and if games are to be played, playing them on ultra low settings is adequate.. No one cries over playing Ultra settings or being able to play at 2560x1600 etc..