Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Captain Claw anyone?

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2012 10:33:17 PM

Does anyone remember that 2D Side scroller from the 90s?
Still play it.. Got it to work on Windows 7 :bounce: 

More about : captain claw

Best solution

August 14, 2012 6:35:13 PM

Shut up! I think I still have that game somewhere! I should try and get it to work. It was a DVD game that came with a gamepad or my old school Creative Labs DVD Encore drive. You know the one that had the decoder card.
August 14, 2012 9:17:12 PM

Awesome.. Wish I still had one of those. :/ 
I forgot how I got mine to work.. I think I copied the files over to the PC, and then I ran the exe in compatibility mode for win95.. but yeah, I'm glad I found a good quality game that still works.. the new stuff come out today is only focused on the graphics... they're not the kind of games you can play over and over. :ouch: 
Related resources
August 15, 2012 2:40:55 AM

Found the DVD, but it wouldn't install. Says it doesn't support 64bit. I copied it all local and same thing. I then tried launching the CLAW.EXE from the folder and it started with the splash screen of the developer and then went blank. I could hear music, but nothing. As soon as I hit a button it crashes. :-( no luck I guess.

Funny I also found disks for other games in the bottom of my desk. BeachHead 2002, Get the Bunny, Unreal (the very first one), KKND (krush kill n destroy), wing commander iv, and Total Annihilation. GOOD TIMES!
August 16, 2012 10:15:52 AM

Yeah.. I remember those games.. I still play Unreal 2004 on a LAN party every once in a while.
August 16, 2012 12:08:22 PM

Oh man, I used to love that game so much... All of my friends had it, and we were racing against each other to finish it first without cheats. :sarcastic: 
jay2tall said:
Found the DVD, but it wouldn't install. Says it doesn't support 64bit.

Did you try compatibility mode?
jay2tall said:
Funny I also found disks for other games in the bottom of my desk. BeachHead 2002, Get the Bunny, Unreal (the very first one), KKND (krush kill n destroy), wing commander iv, and Total Annihilation. GOOD TIMES!

I still have BeachHead, but it's too hard to fire two AA guns at tiny soldiers without gunsights!
August 16, 2012 1:57:12 PM

I did try compatibility mode, same error.
August 16, 2012 4:14:26 PM

What OS are you using? I googled "Claw on Windows 7" and there are quite a few results.
August 16, 2012 4:17:53 PM

^ Vista 64bit. I will have to do some searching later on.
August 23, 2012 1:57:49 AM

Best answer selected by hpfreak.
!