Waiting For The Treo 650

I'm thinking about switching providers. I know, from friends, that the
signal strength is fine in my area of central NJ, but I want to get the Treo
650. Does anyone have info on when Verizon plans to offer it?

Ric Kaysen wrote:
> I'm thinking about switching providers. I know, from friends, that the
> signal strength is fine in my area of central NJ, but I want to get
> the Treo 650. Does anyone have info on when Verizon plans to offer it?

Probably two weeks after PalmOne goes into receivership.

Sprint offers this phone. You could change providers to Sprint.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:58:12 -0500, "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@optonline.net>
wrote:

>I'm thinking about switching providers. I know, from friends, that the
>signal strength is fine in my area of central NJ, but I want to get the Treo
>650. Does anyone have info on when Verizon plans to offer it?

1. Verizon's been saying '30 to 60 days' for four months.

2. PalmOne just announced EV-DO will be included in the next iteration of
the 650. It may be that Verizon's been waiting for that. Consider how
long it takes P1 to do somehting after they first announce it, and then
plan accordingly. The research is left for the student as an exercise....

I, too, am waiting for Verizon to offer the 650, but I think Verizon will
skip the 650 and go with the yet unreleased 670. I don't expect anything
until this fall. BTW, if your in a hurry, get a 650 from Sprint (see ebBay)
and have it reprogrammed to Verison. Costs less than $20 (or free if you do
it yourself). Check out HowardForums
(http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=180 ) for details.

Uncle Dannie