Can't print from windows programs!!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello. I have a HP N5450 laptop running winXP with SP2 installed connected
througha USB cable to a HP G85 OfficeJet. For some reason, now I can't print
from windows programs. I can print a test page SUCESSFULLY using the HP
toolbox, but when it comes time to print from Notepad, Wordpad, Word,
Graphics programs, etc., nothing happens. In those programs, I hit print, i
can go to that printer and see it spooling and then it clears from the
queue, bu tnothing seems to go either out the USB or to the printer. A test
page DOES test satisfactorily.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

John

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:19:25 -0600, "John" <cpocpo@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Hello. I have a HP N5450 laptop running winXP with SP2 installed connected
>througha USB cable to a HP G85 OfficeJet. For some reason, now I can't print
>from windows programs. I can print a test page SUCESSFULLY using the HP
>toolbox, but when it comes time to print from Notepad, Wordpad, Word,
>Graphics programs, etc., nothing happens. In those programs, I hit print, i
>can go to that printer and see it spooling and then it clears from the
>queue, bu tnothing seems to go either out the USB or to the printer. A test
>page DOES test satisfactorily.
>
>Any ideas??
>
>Thanks!
>
>John