Shared Printer Print Preview

January 18, 2005 5:57:04 AM

I have set up a small wireless network of Windows XP Prof systems. One System
has a USB attached Printer which is shared, all PCs are members of same
workgroup. Printing works fine from all except one PC which everytime it
sends a printfile the client PC which has the printer attached displays a
Print Preview screen of this spooled file. Very odd!! Also if you Just print
a "test page" then that one does not display a Print Preview. I am tearing
what little hair I have left out as I can find no settings to change. Please
help
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:09:10 PM

How many PCs do you have in your 'small network'?

Did you install the printer as per Bruce Sanderson's instructions at:
www.coribright.com

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up a small wireless network of Windows XP Prof systems. One
>System
> has a USB attached Printer which is shared, all PCs are members of same
> workgroup. Printing works fine from all except one PC which everytime it
> sends a printfile the client PC which has the printer attached displays a
> Print Preview screen of this spooled file. Very odd!! Also if you Just
> print
> a "test page" then that one does not display a Print Preview. I am tearing
> what little hair I have left out as I can find no settings to change.
> Please
> help

January 19, 2005 3:37:03 AM

There are five PC's in the Workgroup.
PC with Printer attached to a USB port and wired to the Wireless Router This
PC Runs Windows XP Professional SP2
The four remaining PCs are Wireless Notebooks all running XP Professional SP2.

On the PC with the Printer attached I shared the printer via its properties
page.
On the other PCs I used Add Printer Wizard which found the required printer
in each case - to confirm it was functioning correctly I printed a "test
page" from each of these four notebooks and that was fine. Then the owner of
one of the notebooks tried to print a Word document and it came up as "Print
Preview" on the PC with the printer attached. So I printed Word documents
from the other three notebooks and they all worked fine. The notebook which
has the "Print Preview" issue was the second of the four which I installed.

!