Fax won't send

January 18, 2005 2:45:04 PM

HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

More about : fax send

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:07:41 PM

We're puzzled too.
State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
what happens.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:49:12 PM

Hello..

I'm having problems sending faxes. I am able to receive them. I'm using a
SupraMAX 56i fax modem manufactured by Sonic Blue. I checked th HCL for Win
XP and it lists a CPT2070, SupraMAX 56i PCI V.92, but it is manufactured by
Conexant Systems, Inc. Since I am able to receive faxes, shouldn't the modem
i am using be compatible?

If not, which modem card would you recommend me getting?

Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> We're puzzled too.
> State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
> what happens.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

April 13, 2005 11:57:01 PM

Hello,

Me again. I forgot to describe to you what happened when I tried to send a
fax.

1st observation in Fax console:

Status = In progress
Extended Status = Dialing
There are beeping sounds and a muffled voice message which I can't make out

2nd observation in Fax console (1 minute later):

Status = Retrying
Extended Status = No answer

Finally, the fax will not send.

Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> We're puzzled too.
> State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
> what happens.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:05:20 AM

Those sounds are the phone company telling you you have dialed an invalid
number.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]