Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

We're puzzled too.
State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
what happens.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

Hello..

I'm having problems sending faxes. I am able to receive them. I'm using a
SupraMAX 56i fax modem manufactured by Sonic Blue. I checked th HCL for Win
XP and it lists a CPT2070, SupraMAX 56i PCI V.92, but it is manufactured by
Conexant Systems, Inc. Since I am able to receive faxes, shouldn't the modem
i am using be compatible?

If not, which modem card would you recommend me getting?

Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> We're puzzled too.
> State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
> what happens.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

Hello,

Me again. I forgot to describe to you what happened when I tried to send a
fax.

1st observation in Fax console:

Status = In progress
Extended Status = Dialing
There are beeping sounds and a muffled voice message which I can't make out

2nd observation in Fax console (1 minute later):

Status = Retrying
Extended Status = No answer

Finally, the fax will not send.

Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> We're puzzled too.
> State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
> what happens.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
> > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

Those sounds are the phone company telling you you have dialed an invalid
number.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]