Fax won't send

HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete
4 answers Last reply
More about send

    We're puzzled too.
    State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
    what happens.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
    > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

    Hello..

    I'm having problems sending faxes. I am able to receive them. I'm using a
    SupraMAX 56i fax modem manufactured by Sonic Blue. I checked th HCL for Win
    XP and it lists a CPT2070, SupraMAX 56i PCI V.92, but it is manufactured by
    Conexant Systems, Inc. Since I am able to receive faxes, shouldn't the modem
    i am using be compatible?

    If not, which modem card would you recommend me getting?

    Thanks!

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > We're puzzled too.
    > State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
    > what happens.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
    > > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

    Hello,

    Me again. I forgot to describe to you what happened when I tried to send a
    fax.

    1st observation in Fax console:

    Status = In progress
    Extended Status = Dialing
    There are beeping sounds and a muffled voice message which I can't make out

    2nd observation in Fax console (1 minute later):

    Status = Retrying
    Extended Status = No answer

    Finally, the fax will not send.

    Thanks!

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > We're puzzled too.
    > State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using, and
    > what happens.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the outbox
    > > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

    Those sounds are the phone company telling you you have dialed an invalid
    number.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "dimples604" <dimples604@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Me again. I forgot to describe to you what happened when I tried to send a
    > fax.
    >
    > 1st observation in Fax console:
    >
    > Status = In progress
    > Extended Status = Dialing
    > There are beeping sounds and a muffled voice message which I can't make
    > out
    >
    > 2nd observation in Fax console (1 minute later):
    >
    > Status = Retrying
    > Extended Status = No answer
    >
    > Finally, the fax will not send.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
    >
    >> We're puzzled too.
    >> State your fax software, how it is configured, the steps you are using,
    >> and
    >> what happens.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > HI, All other parts work including receiving faxes. Fax gos to the
    >> > outbox
    >> > but the fax fails yo intialise and will not send. Puzzled pete

Fax Microsoft Windows XP