Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Disconnecting Problems

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2012 4:51:22 AM

Hello,Yes I keep on disconnecting even when i got the game it makes me MAD!!!
August 15, 2012 11:33:45 AM

If its the "You were Disconnected From EA Online" thing it happens then goes away, then comes back its an annoying day1 thing they still haven't explained that effects alot of players.
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 2:25:58 PM

There are problems with UPnP being active on your router which is a known cause of disconnects on both BF3 and BC2. For BF3 it is mildly irritating that the best settings are different for multuplayer vs. co-op. For multiplayer you want uPnP off, for co-op you want it on.. sigh..
I don't think I have had a single game disconnection since using the above settings for uPnP execpt when game servers or my router have crashed. Previously they would happen every half hour or so..
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:20:55 PM

OllieUK said:
There are problems with UPnP being active on your router which is a known cause of disconnects on both BF3 and BC2. For BF3 it is mildly irritating that the best settings are different for multuplayer vs. co-op. For multiplayer you want uPnP off, for co-op you want it on.. sigh..
I don't think I have had a single game disconnection since using the above settings for uPnP execpt when game servers or my router have crashed. Previously they would happen every half hour or so..

I think your router has a bad implemenatation of uPnP. I have uPnP turned on in my router and never have disconnects from game servers.

@OP, if you think uPnP is your problem, look for new router firmware on the router manufacturer's web site.
m
l
!