Print Spooler not running

How do I get the print spooler to run long enough for me to install this
printer. The printer is compatable with Windows XP. I can start it 100
times and it won't stay on. The spooler is set to automatic. When I try to
install the printer, the error message says RPC Server is unavailable. So I
re-checked the settings for that and that is running and staying running but
I still have the problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about print spooler running

    Follow steps 15 through 17 at Bruce Sanderson's website:
    www.coribright.com

    "matanda" <matanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get the print spooler to run long enough for me to install this
    > printer. The printer is compatable with Windows XP. I can start it 100
    > times and it won't stay on. The spooler is set to automatic. When I try
    > install the printer, the error message says RPC Server is unavailable. So
    > re-checked the settings for that and that is running and staying running
    > but
    > I still have the problem.

Print Spooler Printers Windows XP