Help me please!!!

imattf

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hi, I'm new here and I have a problem. My laptop, which is used for gaming is slow or getting slower. Sorry if this ithe wrong section, I don't really know where to post this.
Here's the specs

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 7.2 5.9
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.5
Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 6.7
Gaming graphics 1696 MB Total available graphics memory 6.7
Primary hard disk 513GB Free (655GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

My video card is nvidea 555 Gt I don't know why it dosen't appear there really.
Just copy pasted from the place ( Computer > properties ) don't really know where to find the complete and more detailed list.

So my laptop is getting pretty slow in playing games, They lag alot. My brother bought the same laptop but the only difference was that his laptop's video card was nvidea 540 gt which is worse than mine but when he plays the same games I play he dosen't lag and usually he has a constant FPS.

Can someone help me out? Don't really know the problem here, My laptop's under warranty and bought it April 2012

Lenovo Y570 ideapad

Solution
Hey there,

Looks like the lagging problems you're having can be caused by alot of trash installed on your system, because your specs are great i don't see why they will cause lags. Try reformatting your hard drive, reinstall Windows all over again, and make sure you have the latest drivers for all your laptop components, also a very light system cleaning program and a virus scanner that you should use often (I recommand you CCleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials), it is very important that you use a cleaning program often (At least once every end of a week) also it's important to use a virus scanning program that is light and simple, when playing a game, background applications (includes heavy virus scanners) can take alot of...

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
You're system is probably getting bogged down because it is kept clean. How often do you run a defragging program?
You probably have a lot of unnecessary processes running that is slowing down your computer.

Get a program like Gamebooster that will stop some programs from running when you start it so that gaming frame rates will be marginally better.

imattf

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

I run defragging programs like once in 6 months? Lol.
How do i know if the process is unnecessary... I'm sometimes really scared cause maybe if I close the wrong process it might do something to my laptop... :S

I've tried gamebooster too, din't really make a big difference. Should i send it back to lenovo for checking or something ? It's under warrant and once someome said that maybe it's because of over heating... Not sure

Sprunk95

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hey there,

Looks like the lagging problems you're having can be caused by alot of trash installed on your system, because your specs are great i don't see why they will cause lags. Try reformatting your hard drive, reinstall Windows all over again, and make sure you have the latest drivers for all your laptop components, also a very light system cleaning program and a virus scanner that you should use often (I recommand you CCleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials), it is very important that you use a cleaning program often (At least once every end of a week) also it's important to use a virus scanning program that is light and simple, when playing a game, background applications (includes heavy virus scanners) can take alot of memory, wich may cause lags..., using a light virus scanner will avoid making your games lag, also you want to make sure to perform a virus scan sometime, some dangerous viruses may be the cause of slows caused in your system.

Hope this helped out,

Cheers, Sprunk95

Solution