HP Deskjet 895Cse Is there a working XP driver?

I have two XP computers connected to this printer--a Gateway desktop and a
Fujitsu laptop. They have the same problems:
1) Turn computer on then turn printer on. Printer flashes the orange light a
long time unless you press it. Then it feeds one sheet through with a
character or two in the top left corner. Then the document prints.
2) Printer is on when computer is turned on. Printer won't print until you
cancel the document, close printers and turn the printer off then on. Then it
proceeds as in (1) above.
From the threads I've read, it seems that there are lots of problems with XP
and HP printers. When we first got XP I spent hours on the phone with HP tech
assistance (paid) just to get them working this well.
Is there any hope for improvement? It works well in every other way.

HP Deskjet Printers - Installing the Printer with the Driver Included
in Microsoft Windows XP
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09005&lang=en&cc=us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Kelly A." wrote:

| I have two XP computers connected to this printer--a Gateway desktop and a
| Fujitsu laptop. They have the same problems:
| 1) Turn computer on then turn printer on. Printer flashes the orange light a
| long time unless you press it. Then it feeds one sheet through with a
| character or two in the top left corner. Then the document prints.
| 2) Printer is on when computer is turned on. Printer won't print until you
| cancel the document, close printers and turn the printer off then on. Then it
| proceeds as in (1) above.
| From the threads I've read, it seems that there are lots of problems with XP
| and HP printers. When we first got XP I spent hours on the phone with HP tech
| assistance (paid) just to get them working this well.
| Is there any hope for improvement? It works well in every other way.

Do you see this or any other problem if the printer is attached directly
to the computer from witch the print job comes? (no network, no switch).

How is the printer attached to the computers?

Tom MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

: