Macbook Bad performance

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Performance
  • Macbook
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2012 8:41:41 PM

Hello, Lately my macbook (running Windows 70 has had performance issues running games. It used to be able to run games like TF2, minecraft and CSS with 50+Fps but lately its been struggling to even get playable FPS in TF2 and minecraft i have tried cleaning out dust, defragging the disk and turning the fans to max. The combination of these have made it better but its still not running as good as it used to be. Anybody got any tips on fixing this? Im contemplating re-installing windows 7 and just re-downloading everything but i doubt that will help.

More about : macbook bad performance

August 15, 2012 6:26:20 AM

Come to the PC side man...you know you want to :sol: 

But seriously - - I used to be a die hard mac user, and for gaming, there is simply no comparison to PC. PCs have come a long way in terms of word processing and office work -- windows 7 is a lot more intuitive than xp.

What are the specs on your Mbook?
m
l
August 15, 2012 10:52:06 AM

Please post the specs of your laptop.
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 12:50:33 PM

mbp is not a pc? hmm, a toaster then?
m
l
August 15, 2012 6:35:07 PM

AntiZig said:
mbp is not a pc? hmm, a toaster then?

A very expensive toaster at that. It better make the best damn toast ever.
m
l
August 15, 2012 8:20:17 PM

If it used to run ok but doesn't anymore most likely causes are either a program is interfering with it or its started overheating.
m
l
August 16, 2012 12:43:53 AM

tiop said:
Hello, Lately my macbook (running Windows 70 has had performance issues running games. It used to be able to run games like TF2, minecraft and CSS with 50+Fps but lately its been struggling to even get playable FPS in TF2 and minecraft i have tried cleaning out dust, defragging the disk and turning the fans to max. The combination of these have made it better but its still not running as good as it used to be. Anybody got any tips on fixing this? Im contemplating re-installing windows 7 and just re-downloading everything but i doubt that will help.

windows 70? phew... macbooks are for the people who like to waste their money on overpriced flashy stuff. think of a macbook as a tiny little poodle in a fashion show, then think of a pc as a bulldog in a gym. it could be because of thermal paste on your cpu though.. it could be anything really..
m
l
!