Presario 5410US uses a standard power supply????

I just got a presario 5410US 1.3 celeron from my friend, but it does
not have a power supply. The motherboard part # is 254552-002, 815E
chipset, 20 pin atx connector.

I plug the standard atx connector to the board, it can fit. However, i
want to make sure it does not fry the board before i turn it on.

Is there anyway to know if it is using a standard power supply or a
special one?

hh

Most likely standard ATX with an 815E chipset board.
HH

<marslee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got a presario 5410US 1.3 celeron from my friend, but it does
> not have a power supply. The motherboard part # is 254552-002, 815E
> chipset, 20 pin atx connector.
>
> I plug the standard atx connector to the board, it can fit. However, i
> want to make sure it does not fry the board before i turn it on.
>
> Is there anyway to know if it is using a standard power supply or a
> special one?

I'm pretty sure that the connector is standard ATX. I've serviced slightly
older Presarios with standard ATX connectors. The person who responds with the
signature "HH" may be able to verify for certain... Ben Myers