Solved

Minecraft HUGE fps drop

so recently when i started to play minecraft it drops to 20 fps (i usually run at 90-150 fps max settings) ill play for like 5 minuets drops to 20 fps so i close my game restart it. when i start playing again its at 90 fps again then it drops again.
this is making me really mad because i have been looking up solutions nothing has worked i have optifine.

PC Specs
Gt 220 1GB Graphics Card
Intel core 6600 2.40 GHz
4.00 GB ram
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about minecraft huge drop
  1. As the game runs fine for a while and restarting works, I suggest you try another version of Minecraft and without mods.
  2. Use HWMonitor to check temperatures of your CPU and GPU. It definitely sounds like overheating. You can download it from www.cpuid.com
  3. i tried a lower version of minecraft it didnt work i got the same results
  4. Best answer
    That's definitely overheating. I'd stop playing minecraft immediately. Such temperature can not only fry your graphics card, but also your motherboard and other components. DAMN, 113°C is a lot.

You've got three possible solutions:

1. Get the warranty to repair the card (if it still applies).
    2. Reseat graphics card heatsink and reapply thermal paste.
    3. Get a new graphics card.
  5. Sunius said:
    That's definitely overheating. I'd stop playing minecraft immediately. Such temperature can not only fry your graphics card, but also your motherboard and other components. DAMN, 113°C is a lot.

You've got three possible solutions:

1. Get the warranty to repair the card (if it still applies).
    2. Reseat graphics card heatsink and reapply thermal paste.
    3. Get a new graphics card.

I figured out the problem the gpu's fan wont rotate i took the fan out and the thing that spins it is jammed or something got any ideas?
    Right now i cant really afford a new gpu :/
  6. Well, is the warranty still valid for the card?
  7. okay i ended up buying a PNY GTX 550 TI anyways and i can see the difference now
  8. Best answer selected by WyldeReaper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Minecraft FPS Video Games