MS Fax Works Sometimes

I use Windows XP SP2, HCF Conexant V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem (which is on
the Windows HCL) and MS Fax. I performed the updated drivers for the modem
in Device Manager. My problem is that after i reboot it works fine, but as
time passes it gets to where it will not receive. It just says that an
attempted receipt of the fax failed. I do not have my computer setup to go
into standby or hibernate modes, but i do use a screensaver. I use McAfee
Firewall and VirusScan as provided by MSN Premium Software. However, I have
set the Internet Applications to allow Full Access for MS Fax. I also have
Security Level at Standard Security.

I also have a question about reinstalling the fax software for windows
components. When i pull up this window, it already has several applications
checked, like MSN and the fax application. Do i clear all checks, then
recheck MS Fax to uninstall it? I don't want to uninstall some applications
by mistake. Any help on making the MS Fax receive on a consistent basis
would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about works sometimes

    This will be nearly impossible to track down unless you enable PSS and debug
    logging of fax transmissions, both of which require fairly extensive
    registry changes.
    I can send instructions if you think you're up to it and if I have a valid
    email address.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Zane" <zbbutler@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I use Windows XP SP2, HCF Conexant V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem (which is on
    >the Windows HCL) and MS Fax. I performed the updated drivers for the modem
    >in Device Manager. My problem is that after i reboot it works fine, but as
    >time passes it gets to where it will not receive. It just says that an
    >attempted receipt of the fax failed. I do not have my computer setup to go
    >into standby or hibernate modes, but i do use a screensaver. I use McAfee
    >Firewall and VirusScan as provided by MSN Premium Software. However, I
    >have set the Internet Applications to allow Full Access for MS Fax. I also
    >have Security Level at Standard Security.
    >
    > I also have a question about reinstalling the fax software for windows
    > components. When i pull up this window, it already has several
    > applications checked, like MSN and the fax application. Do i clear all
    > checks, then recheck MS Fax to uninstall it? I don't want to uninstall
    > some applications by mistake. Any help on making the MS Fax receive on a
    > consistent basis would be appreciated.

Fax Windows XP