Problem: only the first page of the Fax arrives at the des..

Hi.

After a long time, I tried to send a Fax with Windows XP, and surprise:
The button for adding jpg-Files for example, dissapeared, so I can send just
1 File now.
The next problem is, that I can sent more then 1 page from that file (the
faxmonitor shows that), but only the first page arrives at the destination

Thanks,
Mihai
5 answers Last reply
More about problem page arrives

    Post the precise steps you are using and the behavior you see.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > After a long time, I tried to send a Fax with Windows XP, and surprise:
    > The button for adding jpg-Files for example, dissapeared, so I can send
    > just 1 File now.
    > The next problem is, that I can sent more then 1 page from that file (the
    > faxmonitor shows that), but only the first page arrives at the destination
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mihai

    I have a 3 page doc-File and I say "File-Print" and then I choose the Fax.
    Everything seams to be OK, but before I sent the Fax, in the Preview only
    the first page is shown.
    During the sending process, all the 3 pages are shown in the
    faxmonitor-window( sending page 1, sending page 2....)
    At the destination, only the first page arrives, as shown in the preview.

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Post the precise steps you are using and the behavior you see.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> After a long time, I tried to send a Fax with Windows XP, and surprise:
    >> The button for adding jpg-Files for example, dissapeared, so I can send
    >> just 1 File now.
    >> The next problem is, that I can sent more then 1 page from that file (the
    >> faxmonitor shows that), but only the first page arrives at the
    >> destination
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mihai

    What document type and from what application are you sending?
    What is the file association for TIF files in your operating system?
    What do you see in your Sent Items Folder?
    Do you get any error messages or see anything in Event Viewer?
    --
    >I have a 3 page doc-File and I say "File-Print" and then I choose the Fax.
    > Everything seams to be OK, but before I sent the Fax, in the Preview only
    > the first page is shown.
    > During the sending process, all the 3 pages are shown in the
    > faxmonitor-window( sending page 1, sending page 2....)
    > At the destination, only the first page arrives, as shown in the preview.
    >
    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Post the precise steps you are using and the behavior you see.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message
    >>> Hi.
    >>>
    >>> After a long time, I tried to send a Fax with Windows XP, and surprise:
    >>> The button for adding jpg-Files for example, dissapeared, so I can send
    >>> just 1 File now.
    >>> The next problem is, that I can sent more then 1 page from that file
    >>> (the faxmonitor shows that), but only the first page arrives at the
    >>> destination
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Mihai

    > What document type and from what application are you sending?
    It is a Word-Document and I send it from MS-Word.

    > What is the file association for TIF files in your operating system?
    In the Word-document I have embeded JPG-files, because Windows XP with
    Service Pack 2, no longer admites attachment-files in the Fax.

    > What do you see in your Sent Items Folder?
    In the Sent Items Folder I see the sented fax, but only the first page is
    in.

    > Do you get any error messages or see anything in Event Viewer?
    I don't get any error messages.

    > --
    > "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message
    >>I have a 3 page doc-File and I say "File-Print" and then I choose the Fax.
    >> Everything seams to be OK, but before I sent the Fax, in the Preview only
    >> the first page is shown.
    >> During the sending process, all the 3 pages are shown in the
    >> faxmonitor-window( sending page 1, sending page 2....)
    >> At the destination, only the first page arrives, as shown in the preview.
    >>
    >> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> Post the precise steps you are using and the behavior you see.
    >>> --
    >>> Russ Valentine
    >>> [MVP-Outlook]
    >>> "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message

    Aha. Now you tell me. No wonder.
    Your statement that you are no longer being able to attach JPG files after
    SP2 is confusing. SP2 changed nothing. It has never been possible to add
    attachments in Windows XP Fax's Send Fax Wizard.
    Windows XP Fax is not able to render files. It relies on the print routine
    of the originating application to do that. You are attempting to render a
    JPG file from an application that has no such ability in its print routine.
    Can't be done. JPG files must be sent separately using an application that
    can render them.
    --

    >> What document type and from what application are you sending?
    > It is a Word-Document and I send it from MS-Word.
    >
    >> What is the file association for TIF files in your operating system?
    > In the Word-document I have embeded JPG-files, because Windows XP with
    > Service Pack 2, no longer admites attachment-files in the Fax.
    >
    >> What do you see in your Sent Items Folder?
    > In the Sent Items Folder I see the sented fax, but only the first page is
    > in.
    >
    >> Do you get any error messages or see anything in Event Viewer?
    > I don't get any error messages.
    >
    >> --
    >> "Gigi" <telefon@justmail.de> wrote in message
    >>>I have a 3 page doc-File and I say "File-Print" and then I choose the
    >>>Fax.
    >>> Everything seams to be OK, but before I sent the Fax, in the Preview
    >>> only the first page is shown.
    >>> During the sending process, all the 3 pages are shown in the
    >>> faxmonitor-window( sending page 1, sending page 2....)
    >>> At the destination, only the first page arrives, as shown in the
    >>> preview.
    >>>
    >>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Fax Microsoft Windows XP