double sided printing on hp720c

this is the nearest NG i can find to address this query.

when using my 720c for double sided printing on win98 the facility could be
selected from "properties", and i just turned the paper aound to print the
second side.

Now i have install XP and there appears to be no double sided print option
in the properties using the DRIVER installed from XP.

can anyone advise how to invoke double sided printing on XP for my 720C

Thanks Ramon

Ramon Alban wrote:
> this is the nearest NG i can find to address this query.
>
> when using my 720c for double sided printing on win98 the facility could be
> selected from "properties", and i just turned the paper aound to print the
> second side.
>
> Now i have install XP and there appears to be no double sided print option
> in the properties using the DRIVER installed from XP.
>
> can anyone advise how to invoke double sided printing on XP for my 720C
>
> Thanks Ramon

It's a function of the driver, which is supplied by HP. If there is no
XP driver on the HP website, then you're stuck with the limited
functionality. There is a program called Fineprint that is said to
provide double-sided printing and other functions, but I've never used
it. Check here: http://tinyurl.com/4rr2t There's a trial version available.

Ok, thanks for that.
I since found that I can select Duplex in the printer properties and then
select the order of printing Duplex in Options.
what happen then is that it prints (say) the odd pages. you then turn that
stack around and "OK" it to print the evens.
Its not user friendly but it works.
Regards, Ramon
"Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Ramon Alban wrote:
>> this is the nearest NG i can find to address this query.
>>
>> when using my 720c for double sided printing on win98 the facility could
>> be selected from "properties", and i just turned the paper aound to print
>> the second side.
>>
>> Now i have install XP and there appears to be no double sided print
>> option in the properties using the DRIVER installed from XP.
>>
>> can anyone advise how to invoke double sided printing on XP for my 720C
>>
>> Thanks Ramon
>>

> It's a function of the driver, which is supplied by HP. If there is no XP
> driver on the HP website, then you're stuck with the limited
> functionality. There is a program called Fineprint that is said to provide
> double-sided printing and other functions, but I've never used it. Check
> here: http://tinyurl.com/4rr2t There's a trial version available.

TRENDING THREADS