All new GF4 4200!!!!

G

Now, I know that, since this card isn't out yet, I am sure no has had the opportunity to overclock one of these suckers. I read the new article on the main site, and I am really fond of the idea of having the entry card costing only $179, but I like the fact that the $200 version has 128mb of ram. This brings a real conflict. As far as I could tell, the 64mb version was outscoring the 128mb version on all these tests. Does anyone have any good idea about what kind of effects overclocking a 128mb version to the ram speeds (or higher) of the 64mb version? IMHO, I think that it would work, but I guess I will have to wait until someone out there gets some of these, and does some serious overclocking with them. The etra $20 doesn't bother me at all, and if I could get an additional 64mb for that price, by golly I would. Thanks for any help...

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
If you didn't mind the extra $20, go for it and then oc it to Ti4400 speeds. Hopefully it will be possible and their card wasn't just lucky. That thing would be one helluva card for $200!!! :lol:

svol

Champion
I plan to buy a 64MB when they come out.
First of all there aren't (maybe even none) games that really need 128MB memory, but it sounds cool.
If you are able to OC the mem to the 64MB speeds the 128MB card would probably perform even to the 64MB, and when a lot of memory is used even better.

<b>THGC:</b> before: :frown: :eek: , after: :smile: :cool: .