6 Case Fans-Fast Build Up Of Dust-Help!

jy88888888

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
Hi,
I've got 6 80mm case fans - 2 on top, 2 on side, 1 front, 1 back. The problem is the dust build up on the fan blades - Can this damage them?. I don't want filters as this will degrade the cooling so is there anything else I can do? I'm under the impression that the inside of my PC will always remain dust free because if dust does go in, it will just be carried away by the fans on the top and back (which are blowing out) - Am I right or is dust heavier than I think?
Thanks

AMD VS INTEL - AMD anyday

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
The dust will put extra strain the motors but not enough to worry about. Just blast them with air while holding the blades still to clean them off every once in a while.

As for your second question… Dust will collect on the components regardless of how much air you have moving through the case. The particles become charged and will be pulled by magnetism towards the components. It is not the weight but the charge created by colliding with other molecules.

<b>"I put instant coffee in the microwave and almost went back in time" - Steven Wright</b> :lol: