GF3 Ti200

Status
Not open for further replies.

TokeTheHerb

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
Hey everyone, im a newbie to toms hardware and im hoping u guys can give me some advice...
I've just purchased a GF3 Ti200 and want to know how far i can O/C it, and what program to use?... Im in your hands.

My PC Spec is

1.2 AMD Athlon
128 SDRAM
40G HDD

I haven't failed... I've found a million ways that don't work

Every card will overclock different. Download Rivatuner from <A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com</A> Go a few mhz on the memoryat a time. Check for stability. Go a few more. When you start seeing weird stuff, back it down 5-10mhz . Now do the core clock the same way. When it freezes during testing ,back it down a few mhz 3-5. And have fun!!

I aint signing nothing!!!

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
One tip, if you're going to do some serious o/cing, get a nice HSF. You're going to need it. RAM sinks aren't really necessary as the RAM usually don't run too hot and most times the RAM temp isn't the thing that will prevent you from going farther. It's mainly the architecture. If your RAM is rated at like 5ns or whatever, after a certain point, no matter what you do, that RAM just won't work any faster. As the guy said, cards all o/c differently and if you got a really lucky card you could probably blow the doors off a Ti500....

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
just dont get kaned and strap a propeller to your nice new vid card

-- There are no answers to find in the bottom of a glass. But you can have fun looking for them.

TokeTheHerb

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
I went an brought some more RAM for my comp today, im getting my HSF tomorrow (know i know hat it is... Cheers) With any luck i'll be sorted by the weekend.

As for getting kaned and strapping a propeller to my vid card... i'll get back to you :)

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
I can get my asus v8200 geforce 3ti200 up to 245 core speed, and 500 memory speed without any problems, and it doesnt run too hot (about 50 degrees C)

I have found that with rivatuner, i get the best results overclocking at a low level, ie. changing the setting in the top half of the screen when rivatuner loads.

Of course, you may find other methods are better for you.

Hope this helps dude

-- There are no answers to find in the bottom of a glass. But you can have fun looking for them.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Aren't the bottom half for driver overclocking or something? I've tried o/cing with Rivatuner but I haven't really found out what all of the stuff do yet so I don't really want to mess around too much.

TokeTheHerb

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
I know what you mean, im prone to breaking my computer, I know I if try to click on too many buttons in Rivatuner i'll end up blowing it up!
What do all the power user settings do? Is there a guide or something for it???

Thia area is dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. This area changes the windows registry for your carddrivers etc. Changes made here are instant and permanent in the registry. Until you can get back into the registry and change what you originally changed. BE CAREFUL!!

I aint signing nothing!!!

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
I dont think you will need the power user bit. there is loads to play about with in the driver tweaks and hardware level overclocking does fine for me (all the stuff on the first page). If you are gonna overclock, do it just a bit at a time. If your system starts to crash when it normally wouldnt, then you may have gone too far. Or if you start to see funny things that shouldnt be there, like big spiky things, then you also need to slow your card down a bit

Chuck - yes the botom half is the driver tweaks including overclocking. I might be wrong but if you are only tweaking the drivers, not the registry, then any problems that you cause should be sorted out with a reinstall of your drivers. I think...
Maybe an expert can clear this up for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.