Okidate 391 Turbo

Hi,
When I try to download drivers for said printer for XP, Okidata web site
tells me the drivers are already in XP. When I run printer setup and install
from drivers in XP, it prints nothing but garbage. I moved printer to Win2K
system, downloaded drivers and it works just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this printer installed on XP
or is it a lost cause? I also tried downloading drivers for 390 printer and
that did not work.

Thanks in advance.

KP
1 answer Last reply
More about okidate turbo

    As the computer starts up, enter the BIOS setup routine (often by
    pressing the Delete key at the appropriate moment-see the computer
    instruction/user manual). Change the setting for the port the printer
    uses to SPP or parallel port or similar (but not ECP, EPP or ECP & EPP).

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    :
    : Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this printer installed
    on XP
    : or is it a lost cause? I also tried downloading drivers for 390
    printer and
    : that did not work.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.