ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi,
When I try to download drivers for said printer for XP, Okidata web site
tells me the drivers are already in XP. When I run printer setup and install
from drivers in XP, it prints nothing but garbage. I moved printer to Win2K
system, downloaded drivers and it works just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get this printer installed on XP
or is it a lost cause? I also tried downloading drivers for 390 printer and
that did not work.

Thanks in advance.

KP

As the computer starts up, enter the BIOS setup routine (often by
pressing the Delete key at the appropriate moment-see the computer
instruction/user manual). Change the setting for the port the printer
uses to SPP or parallel port or similar (but not ECP, EPP or ECP & EPP).

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User