Problems tweaking Radeon 8500

G

Hi
I have some troubles oc'ing my R8500 since changing mobo. I use the rage3d tweaker and it has worked fine, tweaking the clocks with no trouble under XP.
Then I changed mobo to DDR, and now the tool says core/memory clock na, as in not available.
So I can't do anything. My mobo is updated with the latest driver and bios. Sounds like an AGP issue but I have no clue.
The card works fine with this new board, exceeding my previous 3DMark record by more than 1000 points (so what do I need to oc it for then, right?..well, it's there so...), so it works fine with the board, just not with the tweaking.

Anybody has any idea??

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Yeah, I had a similar problem. My Rage3d Tweaker "Overclocker" tab actually dissapeared from the tray icon menu, and showed as "N/A" in my ATI settings for both core & memory. For what it's worth, I checked the forums and others have had the problem, and someone recommended deleting some items with regedit and reinstalling the 3d tweaker. I tried it and it worked for me. Check the Rage3d forum, but I only had to delete 3 items that were labeled with rage3d in the registry (they also recommend backing it up first, heh, heh).

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
use some other overclocking program like powerstrip. or just download radedit, customize the bios then flash it. this way, u dont' even have 2 load the overcloking program when windows starts, ie: save system resources.