cant print with a new installed with Toshiba e-stdio 16S d..

Tags:
  • Printer Driver
  • Toshiba
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
January 24, 2005 6:41:02 AM

i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and couldnt
print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
what should i do?

More about : print installed toshiba stdio 16s

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 6:59:03 AM

i meant i installed the Win XP driver

"polly" wrote:

> i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and couldnt
> print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
> what should i do?
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:26:27 PM

What is the exact make and model of the printer?
www.coribright.com

"polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
news:D F579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...
>i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
>couldnt
> print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
> what should i do?

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 2:09:05 PM

its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
driver in XP?

i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed of
the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
what is wondow logo testing?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
> news:D F579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...
> >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
> >couldnt
> > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
> > what should i do?

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:44:02 PM

Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?

> its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
> and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
> driver in XP?
>
> i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
> of
> the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
> what is wondow logo testing?
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
>> news:D F579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...
>> >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
>> >couldnt
>> > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
>> > what should i do?

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:15:02 PM

i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
they just have the new model as i am using an old model.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
> > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
> > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
> > driver in XP?
> >
> > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
> > of
> > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
> > what is wondow logo testing?
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D F579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:25:02 PM

why should i need window logo test before i download the driver?
how can i solve this problem?

"polly" wrote:

> i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
> they just have the new model as i am using an old model.
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
> > > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
> > > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
> > > driver in XP?
> > >
> > > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
> > > of
> > > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
> > > what is wondow logo testing?

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:38:14 AM

Generally, a Windows 2000 driver will work with Windows XP.

Logo testing just means the MS has tested/evaluated the driver software
and determined that it is compatible with XP. During the install of
non-logo-tested drivers, you will be notified that the driver is not
signed by MS to signify logo testing was not done. You will be given the
option to quit or continue. If it is a Windows 2000 or XP driver,
continue. If you are attempting to install a Windows 9x driver, do not
continue. If you continue, Windows XP will set a "restore point" and
then continue installing the driver. If it does not work, remove the
driver and restore the system using the restore point previously set.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

: why should i need window logo test before i download the driver?
: how can i solve this problem?
:
: "polly" wrote:
:
: > i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
: > they just have the new model as i am using an old model.
: >
: >
: > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
: >
: > > Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
: > > --
: > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
: > > www.coribright.com
: > >
: > > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
: > > news:403D155A-ADDF-4CB3-8CAA-1D1EE9443796@microsoft.com...
: > > > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2
years ago.
: > > > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to
install that
: > > > driver in XP?
: > > >
: > > > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer
not passed
: > > > of
: > > > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
: > > > what is wondow logo testing?
: > > >
: > > >
: > > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
: > > >
: > > >> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
: > > >> --
: > > >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
: > > >> www.coribright.com
: > > >>
: > > >> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
: > > >> news:D F579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...
: > > >> >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer
driver and
: > > >> >couldnt
: > > >> > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
: > > >> > what should i do?
: > > >> >
: > > >>
: > > >>