cant print with a new installed with Toshiba e-stdio 16S d..

i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and couldnt
print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
what should i do?
7 answers Last reply
More about cant print installed toshiba stdio

    i meant i installed the Win XP driver

    "polly" wrote:

    > i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and couldnt
    > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
    > what should i do?

    What is the exact make and model of the printer?
    www.coribright.com

    "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
    >couldnt
    > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
    > what should i do?

    its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
    and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
    driver in XP?

    i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed of
    the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
    what is wondow logo testing?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What is the exact make and model of the printer?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    > >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
    > >couldnt
    > > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
    > > what should i do?

    Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?

    > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
    > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
    > driver in XP?
    >
    > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
    > of
    > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
    > what is wondow logo testing?
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    >> >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer driver and
    >> >couldnt
    >> > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
    >> > what should i do?

    i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
    they just have the new model as i am using an old model.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    > > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
    > > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
    > > driver in XP?
    > >
    > > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
    > > of
    > > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
    > > what is wondow logo testing?
    > >

    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > >> www.coribright.com
    > >>
    > >> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message

    why should i need window logo test before i download the driver?
    how can i solve this problem?

    "polly" wrote:

    > i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
    > they just have the new model as i am using an old model.
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    > > > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2 years ago.
    > > > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to install that
    > > > driver in XP?
    > > >
    > > > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer not passed
    > > > of
    > > > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
    > > > what is wondow logo testing?

    Generally, a Windows 2000 driver will work with Windows XP.

    Logo testing just means the MS has tested/evaluated the driver software
    and determined that it is compatible with XP. During the install of
    non-logo-tested drivers, you will be notified that the driver is not
    signed by MS to signify logo testing was not done. You will be given the
    option to quit or continue. If it is a Windows 2000 or XP driver,
    continue. If you are attempting to install a Windows 9x driver, do not
    continue. If you continue, Windows XP will set a "restore point" and
    then continue installing the driver. If it does not work, remove the
    driver and restore the system using the restore point previously set.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    : why should i need window logo test before i download the driver?
    : how can i solve this problem?
    :
    : "polly" wrote:
    :
    : > i couldnt found any 16S driver download from Toshiba.com
    : > they just have the new model as i am using an old model.
    : >
    : >
    : > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    : >
    : > > Have you looked for updated drivers at the Toshiba website?
    : > > --
    : > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    : > > www.coribright.com
    : > >
    : > > "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    : > > news:403D155A-ADDF-4CB3-8CAA-1D1EE9443796@microsoft.com...
    : > > > its a copier + printer Toshiba e-studio 16S that i bought 2
    years ago.
    : > > > and i am changing my system to XP, will it be possible to
    install that
    : > > > driver in XP?
    : > > >
    : > > > i have installed the printer driver and it showed the computer
    not passed
    : > > > of
    : > > > the window logo testing. then i forced to quit the installation.
    : > > > what is wondow logo testing?
    : > > >
    : > > >
    : > > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    : > > >
    : > > >> What is the exact make and model of the printer?
    : > > >> --
    : > > >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    : > > >> www.coribright.com
    : > > >>
    : > > >> "polly" <polly@trust-art.com> wrote in message
    : > > >> news:DF579F65-446F-4605-A61F-7324B92C6B7E@microsoft.com...
    : > > >> >i am a new Window XP user and i installed the old printer
    driver and
    : > > >> >couldnt
    : > > >> > print normally. strange wording and simbles came out.
    : > > >> > what should i do?
    : > > >> >
    : > > >>
    : > > >>
    : > > >>
    : > > >>
    : > > >
    : > >
    : > >
    : > >
    : > >

Printer Driver Toshiba Microsoft Windows XP