XP Send Fax Wizard Fails

Windows XP SP2 and office 2000.
When using the send fax wizard (i.e select fax as peripheral to print to)
the send fax wizard screen appears. If I click on the next button there is a
long time delay and get error message that fax server could not retrieve
information. Fax is installed correctly, modem installed correctly, appears
to be a communication issue between the send fax wizard and the address book
which should load on the next screen. Have several pc's suffering from this
issue. One pc has this issue permanently, others have suffer intermittently.
All systems worked with fax flawlessly until around time SP2 was available.
Not sure if issue arisen through sp2 installation or if prior to SP2 through
automatic update.

Has anyone a solution for this issue?

I have the same problem. The fax service just goes away mysteriously
sometimes. The only fix I can find is to uninstall and reinstall fax
services from the windows components which is a major pain. When I
reinstall it works fine for a while and then within a few days, I start
getting error messages when I try to fax or access the fax console, like
"all fax printers are inaccessable." I have SP2 on XP and using MS Word. I
also am running Ad-aware and Spybot and wonder if one of those applications
may be some how causing the problem.

Laurie

"tyreburner" <tyreburner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP SP2 and office 2000.
> When using the send fax wizard (i.e select fax as peripheral to print to)
> the send fax wizard screen appears. If I click on the next button there is
> long time delay and get error message that fax server could not retrieve
> information. Fax is installed correctly, modem installed correctly,
> appears
> to be a communication issue between the send fax wizard and the address
> book
> which should load on the next screen. Have several pc's suffering from
> this
> issue. One pc has this issue permanently, others have suffer
> intermittently.
> All systems worked with fax flawlessly until around time SP2 was
> available.
> Not sure if issue arisen through sp2 installation or if prior to SP2
> through
> automatic update.
>
> Has anyone a solution for this issue?

Same problem here. I have uninstalled and re-installed fax service and it
didn't do any good. I also have SP2 on XP, Word, and Ad-aware.

I sure wish someone would figure out what is causing this problem.

"Dennis J. Molamphy" wrote:

> I have the same problem. The fax service just goes away mysteriously
> sometimes. The only fix I can find is to uninstall and reinstall fax
> services from the windows components which is a major pain. When I
> reinstall it works fine for a while and then within a few days, I start
> getting error messages when I try to fax or access the fax console, like
> "all fax printers are inaccessable." I have SP2 on XP and using MS Word. I
> also am running Ad-aware and Spybot and wonder if one of those applications
> may be some how causing the problem.
>
> Laurie
>
> "tyreburner" <tyreburner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP SP2 and office 2000.
> > When using the send fax wizard (i.e select fax as peripheral to print to)
> > the send fax wizard screen appears. If I click on the next button there is
> > long time delay and get error message that fax server could not retrieve
> > information. Fax is installed correctly, modem installed correctly,
> > appears
> > to be a communication issue between the send fax wizard and the address
> > book
> > which should load on the next screen. Have several pc's suffering from
> > this
> > issue. One pc has this issue permanently, others have suffer
> > intermittently.
> > All systems worked with fax flawlessly until around time SP2 was
> > available.
> > Not sure if issue arisen through sp2 installation or if prior to SP2
> > through
> > automatic update.
> >
> > Has anyone a solution for this issue?

Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
installation of SP2 start the problem?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Same problem here. I have uninstalled and re-installed fax service and it
> didn't do any good. I also have SP2 on XP, Word, and Ad-aware.
>
> I sure wish someone would figure out what is causing this problem.
>
> "Dennis J. Molamphy" wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem. The fax service just goes away mysteriously
>> sometimes. The only fix I can find is to uninstall and reinstall fax
>> services from the windows components which is a major pain. When I
>> reinstall it works fine for a while and then within a few days, I start
>> getting error messages when I try to fax or access the fax console, like
>> "all fax printers are inaccessable." I have SP2 on XP and using MS Word.
>> also am running Ad-aware and Spybot and wonder if one of those
>> applications
>> may be some how causing the problem.
>>
>> Laurie
>>
>> "tyreburner" <tyreburner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Windows XP SP2 and office 2000.
>> > When using the send fax wizard (i.e select fax as peripheral to print
>> > to)
>> > the send fax wizard screen appears. If I click on the next button there
>> > is
>> > long time delay and get error message that fax server could not
>> > retrieve
>> > information. Fax is installed correctly, modem installed correctly,
>> > appears
>> > to be a communication issue between the send fax wizard and the address
>> > book
>> > which should load on the next screen. Have several pc's suffering from
>> > this
>> > issue. One pc has this issue permanently, others have suffer
>> > intermittently.
>> > All systems worked with fax flawlessly until around time SP2 was
>> > available.
>> > Not sure if issue arisen through sp2 installation or if prior to SP2
>> > through
>> > automatic update.
>> >
>> > Has anyone a solution for this issue?

Russ, fax service was installed and working flawlessly prior to SP2. I have
about concluded that SP2 is the culprit because I have uninstalled my
Ad-aware and restored files from Spybot thinking they might be interfering
but I'm still losing the fax service. If I uninstall the fax service and
reinstall, it will work for a day or two and then it stops working. The fax
console says all fax printers are inaccessible. The send fax wizard hangs
up for a very long time and finally says fax server information cannot be
retrieved. I don't have any firewalls except what is built in to SP2. I'm
using AVG anti-virus. The only other software I started using at about the
same time is an on-line backup program from SystemRecovery.com. I would be
so grateful for a fix to this problem.

Dennis

Law Office of Dennis J. Molamphy
532 North Broadway
Wichita KS 67214
(316) 263-8844 business
(316) 267-1448 fax
www.molamphylaw.com

> Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
> Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
> work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
> installation of SP2 start the problem?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Same problem here. I have uninstalled and re-installed fax service and
>> it
>> didn't do any good. I also have SP2 on XP, Word, and Ad-aware.
>>
>> I sure wish someone would figure out what is causing this problem.
>>
>> "Dennis J. Molamphy" wrote:
>>
>>> I have the same problem. The fax service just goes away mysteriously
>>> sometimes. The only fix I can find is to uninstall and reinstall fax
>>> services from the windows components which is a major pain. When I
>>> reinstall it works fine for a while and then within a few days, I start
>>> getting error messages when I try to fax or access the fax console, like
>>> "all fax printers are inaccessable." I have SP2 on XP and using MS
>>> Word. I
>>> also am running Ad-aware and Spybot and wonder if one of those
>>> applications
>>> may be some how causing the problem.
>>>
>>> Laurie
>>>
>>> "tyreburner" <tyreburner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but this
is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or reinstalling had
always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is a pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k
ram
running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error is
when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on this
PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as deleting for a
few weeks
I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k modem
plug and play.

The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office 2003,
trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem to the
other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try to
uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have got my
printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved although I
prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax console as it is
much quicker than scanning.

> Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
> Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
> work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
> installation of SP2 start the problem?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Same problem here. I have uninstalled and re-installed fax service and
>> it
>> didn't do any good. I also have SP2 on XP, Word, and Ad-aware.
>>
>> I sure wish someone would figure out what is causing this problem.
>>
>> "Dennis J. Molamphy" wrote:
>>
>>> I have the same problem. The fax service just goes away mysteriously
>>> sometimes. The only fix I can find is to uninstall and reinstall fax
>>> services from the windows components which is a major pain. When I
>>> reinstall it works fine for a while and then within a few days, I start
>>> getting error messages when I try to fax or access the fax console, like
>>> "all fax printers are inaccessable." I have SP2 on XP and using MS
>>> Word. I
>>> also am running Ad-aware and Spybot and wonder if one of those
>>> applications
>>> may be some how causing the problem.
>>>
>>> Laurie
>>>
>>> "tyreburner" <tyreburner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Norton products routinely disable Windows XP Fax.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but
> this is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or
> reinstalling had always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is a
> pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k ram
> running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error
> is when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
> missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on
> this PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as deleting
> for a few weeks
> I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k modem
> plug and play.
>
> The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office
> 2003, trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem
> to the other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try to
> uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have got my
> printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved although
> I prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax console as it
> is much quicker than scanning.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
>> Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
>> work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
>> installation of SP2 start the problem?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Same problem here. I have uninstalled and re-installed fax service and
>>> it
>>> didn't do any good. I also have SP2 on XP, Word, and Ad-aware.
>>>
>>> I sure wish someone would figure out what is causing this problem.

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

already taken care of that it isn't Norton causing the problem, also its
the same problem on both PC's Norton is only installed on one of them.

> Norton products routinely disable Windows XP Fax.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but
>> this is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or
>> reinstalling had always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is a
>> pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k ram
>> running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error
>> is when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
>> missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on
>> this PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as
>> deleting for a few weeks
>> I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k
>> modem plug and play.
>>
>> The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office
>> 2003, trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem
>> to the other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try
>> to uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have
>> got my printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved
>> although I prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax
>> console as it is much quicker than scanning.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
>>> Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
>>> work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
>>> installation of SP2 start the problem?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

the first PC, it had been installed before installion of SP2 it had
regularly worked well before the installation, had earlier much earlier
dealt with the problem with Norton, the problems started shortly after SP2
installed with niggly problems and then the driver missing put an end to any
possibility of using it.

Second PC installed after SP2 (the PC was received with SP2 already
installed.) had problems installing fax, but eventually managed too, worked
for just over 3 weeks, then yesterday when a fax failed to be received for
the second time I went to check why, opened the Fax console and started
coming up with the same driver error as initial PC, even after restarting
still the same, I don't want to try to uninstall again in case same thing
happens as with the other

> Norton products routinely disable Windows XP Fax.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but
>> this is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or
>> reinstalling had always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is a
>> pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k ram
>> running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error
>> is when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
>> missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on
>> this PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as
>> deleting for a few weeks
>> I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k
>> modem plug and play.
>>
>> The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office
>> 2003, trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem
>> to the other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try
>> to uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have
>> got my printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved
>> although I prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax
>> console as it is much quicker than scanning.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Could you each list more clearly the sequence of events here?
>>> Include whether fax was installed before or after SP2. If before, did it
>>> work consistently before SP2? What firewalls are in place? Did the
>>> installation of SP2 start the problem?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Catlady312" <Catlady312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Is your modem on the Windows XP HCL list and using the latest drivers?
--
> the first PC, it had been installed before installion of SP2 it had
> regularly worked well before the installation, had earlier much earlier
> dealt with the problem with Norton, the problems started shortly after SP2
> installed with niggly problems and then the driver missing put an end to
> any possibility of using it.
>
> Second PC installed after SP2 (the PC was received with SP2 already
> installed.) had problems installing fax, but eventually managed too,
> worked for just over 3 weeks, then yesterday when a fax failed to be
> received for the second time I went to check why, opened the Fax console
> and started coming up with the same driver error as initial PC, even after
> restarting still the same, I don't want to try to uninstall again in case
> same thing happens as with the other
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Norton products routinely disable Windows XP Fax.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but
>>> this is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or
>>> reinstalling had always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is
>>> a pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k ram
>>> running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error
>>> is when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
>>> missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on
>>> this PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as
>>> deleting for a few weeks
>>> I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k
>>> modem plug and play.
>>>
>>> The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office
>>> 2003, trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem
>>> to the other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try
>>> to uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have
>>> got my printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved
>>> although I prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax
>>> console as it is much quicker than scanning.
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Oh PC1 Norton Firewall

PC2 TREND firewall
"Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> the first PC, it had been installed before installion of SP2 it had
> regularly worked well before the installation, had earlier much earlier
> dealt with the problem with Norton, the problems started shortly after SP2
> installed with niggly problems and then the driver missing put an end to
> any possibility of using it.
>
> Second PC installed after SP2 (the PC was received with SP2 already
> installed.) had problems installing fax, but eventually managed too,
> worked for just over 3 weeks, then yesterday when a fax failed to be
> received for the second time I went to check why, opened the Fax console
> and started coming up with the same driver error as initial PC, even after
> restarting still the same, I don't want to try to uninstall again in case
> same thing happens as with the other
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Norton products routinely disable Windows XP Fax.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Ok well I have simular happening (problems with fax console earlier but
>>> this is the current situation closing down and restarting fax or
>>> reinstalling had always fixed before), it has occurred on 2 PC's one is
>>> a pent 4 2.4 GHz 256k ram
>>> running office xp, on XP SP2, using Norton internet security, the error
>>> is when I try to open fax console it tells me the fax printer driver is
>>> missing, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the only problem was on
>>> this PC it wouldn't uninstall, the fax printer has been listed as
>>> deleting for a few weeks
>>> I use a sprint panther 56k dialup modem, installed as a standard 56k
>>> modem plug and play.
>>>
>>> The other PC is pretty much the same except has 512k ram using office
>>> 2003, trend AV/firewall they are both networked, I just hooked the modem
>>> to the other PC when the fax did the dandy I have not even dared to try
>>> to uninstall it on this PC until I find a fix for this problem. I have
>>> got my printer set to auto answer any fax calls now until it is resolved
>>> although I prefer to be able to save or email my faxes from the fax
>>> console as it is much quicker than scanning.
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

using latest drivers, it isn't a problem with the modem.

And the reason you know that is...?
--
> using latest drivers, it isn't a problem with the modem.
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Is your modem on the Windows XP HCL list and using the latest drivers?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> the first PC, it had been installed before installion of SP2 it had
>>> regularly worked well before the installation, had earlier much earlier
>>> dealt with the problem with Norton, the problems started shortly after
>>> SP2 installed with niggly problems and then the driver missing put an
>>> end to any possibility of using it.
>>>
>>> Second PC installed after SP2 (the PC was received with SP2 already
>>> installed.) had problems installing fax, but eventually managed too,
>>> worked for just over 3 weeks, then yesterday when a fax failed to be
>>> received for the second time I went to check why, opened the Fax console
>>> and started coming up with the same driver error as initial PC, even
>>> after restarting still the same, I don't want to try to uninstall again
>>> in case same thing happens as with the other
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

because the modem works fine on other PC's and have problems wether this
modem or others connected or not.
> And the reason you know that is...?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> using latest drivers, it isn't a problem with the modem.
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Is your modem on the Windows XP HCL list and using the latest drivers?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Provide clear steps to repro the problem. Include whether this modem ever
worked correctly with fax on this machine. Include Event Viewer and exact
error messages.
--
> because the modem works fine on other PC's and have problems wether this
> modem or others connected or not.
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> And the reason you know that is...?
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> using latest drivers, it isn't a problem with the modem.
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

I had been using the Modem with Fax on Machine one for 18 mths I had been
using the modem with Fax on machine 2 for 3 weeks, I don't HAVE to provide
you anything.

easy repro the problem. I click on Fax console, and it takes forever to load
and then fails, telling me that the FAX DRIVER IS MISSING! on BOTH machines
> Provide clear steps to repro the problem. Include whether this modem ever
> worked correctly with fax on this machine. Include Event Viewer and exact
> error messages.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> because the modem works fine on other PC's and have problems wether this
>> modem or others connected or not.
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> And the reason you know that is...?
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Of course you don't have to provide me anything.
I only told you what you would need to provide if you wanted someone to help
you. You have provided none of the information that would permit
troubleshooting the problem.
--
>I had been using the Modem with Fax on Machine one for 18 mths I had been
>using the modem with Fax on machine 2 for 3 weeks, I don't HAVE to provide
>you anything.
>
> easy repro the problem. I click on Fax console, and it takes forever to
> load and then fails, telling me that the FAX DRIVER IS MISSING! on BOTH
> machines
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Provide clear steps to repro the problem. Include whether this modem ever
>> worked correctly with fax on this machine. Include Event Viewer and exact
>> error messages.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> because the modem works fine on other PC's and have problems wether this
>>> modem or others connected or not.
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Troubleshoot the problem? Russ your not troubleshooting anything your fiddle
farting around doing nothing but wasting my time, trying to blame anything
from third party software to hardware when it is an obvious software issue
which BTW I have already fixed, without your help.

Next time I suggest Russ before you respond to peoples post's asking
questions which they have already answered, and questioning hardware
compatibility of a user who has been successfully utilising a service for a
prolonged period of time, that YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE RESPONDING
TO, rather than wasting their time by asking questions which have already
been answered and making yourself look like nothing other than a complete
TWIT!

> Of course you don't have to provide me anything.
> I only told you what you would need to provide if you wanted someone to
> help you. You have provided none of the information that would permit
> troubleshooting the problem.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I had been using the Modem with Fax on Machine one for 18 mths I had been
>>using the modem with Fax on machine 2 for 3 weeks, I don't HAVE to provide
>>you anything.
>>
>> easy repro the problem. I click on Fax console, and it takes forever to
>> load and then fails, telling me that the FAX DRIVER IS MISSING! on BOTH
>> machines
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Provide clear steps to repro the problem. Include whether this modem
>>> ever worked correctly with fax on this machine. Include Event Viewer and
>>> exact error messages.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Of course I read your posts. At no point did you provide a clear description
of the problem and the steps that lead up to it. You simply described it as
a "simular" problem to the ones posted earlier in the thread. The most
common reason we've seen the fax service suddenly stop working is conflicts
with Norton Internet Security and many other Norton products. The second
most common is incompatibility with many modems. That the service worked
once in no way eliminates modem conflicts.

Now you tell us you've solved the problem yourself but haven't the courtesy
to post what the solution was. I think we know who's time was wasted here.
--
> Troubleshoot the problem? Russ your not troubleshooting anything your
> fiddle farting around doing nothing but wasting my time, trying to blame
> anything from third party software to hardware when it is an obvious
> software issue which BTW I have already fixed, without your help.
>
> Next time I suggest Russ before you respond to peoples post's asking
> questions which they have already answered, and questioning hardware
> compatibility of a user who has been successfully utilising a service for
> a prolonged period of time, that YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE
> RESPONDING TO, rather than wasting their time by asking questions which
> have already been answered and making yourself look like nothing other
> than a complete TWIT!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Of course you don't have to provide me anything.
>> I only told you what you would need to provide if you wanted someone to
>> help you. You have provided none of the information that would permit
>> troubleshooting the problem.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I had been using the Modem with Fax on Machine one for 18 mths I had been
>>>using the modem with Fax on machine 2 for 3 weeks, I don't HAVE to
>>>provide you anything.
>>>
>>> easy repro the problem. I click on Fax console, and it takes forever to
>>> load and then fails, telling me that the FAX DRIVER IS MISSING! on BOTH
>>> machines
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Norton causes the Fax monitor to fail to open, how is that anything related
to a fax driver missing?

I told you what's happening, if you don't understand then it just goes to
show that you truly are a complete twit doesn't it.

LOL I never stated it has worked just once, I actually stated the opposite
but if you had actually read the posts you would have realised that,
similarly with you demanding that I tell you which firewalls are used on
each, 3 TIMES I gave you that info.

fix it your god damn selves you don't have the decency to show any manners
at all, you don't even have the decency to show someone the courtesy of
reading their posts.

> Of course I read your posts. At no point did you provide a clear
> description of the problem and the steps that lead up to it. You simply
> described it as a "simular" problem to the ones posted earlier in the
> thread. The most common reason we've seen the fax service suddenly stop
> working is conflicts with Norton Internet Security and many other Norton
> products. The second most common is incompatibility with many modems. That
> the service worked once in no way eliminates modem conflicts.
>
> Now you tell us you've solved the problem yourself but haven't the
> courtesy to post what the solution was. I think we know who's time was
> wasted here.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Troubleshoot the problem? Russ your not troubleshooting anything your
>> fiddle farting around doing nothing but wasting my time, trying to blame
>> anything from third party software to hardware when it is an obvious
>> software issue which BTW I have already fixed, without your help.
>>
>> Next time I suggest Russ before you respond to peoples post's asking
>> questions which they have already answered, and questioning hardware
>> compatibility of a user who has been successfully utilising a service for
>> a prolonged period of time, that YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE
>> RESPONDING TO, rather than wasting their time by asking questions which
>> have already been answered and making yourself look like nothing other
>> than a complete TWIT!
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Of course you don't have to provide me anything.
>>> I only told you what you would need to provide if you wanted someone to
>>> help you. You have provided none of the information that would permit
>>> troubleshooting the problem.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Indeed I don't understand what you posted. I tried my best, but it really
was a disjointed, incomplete set of symptoms. Perhaps I am just an idiot.
I'm certain there is someone else who can make sense of it all and they will
be along to help you.

I never understand the need to resort to personal insults in these
newsgroups the way you have. I shall studiously avoid any posts you make in
the future.
--
> Norton causes the Fax monitor to fail to open, how is that anything
> related to a fax driver missing?
>
> I told you what's happening, if you don't understand then it just goes to
> show that you truly are a complete twit doesn't it.
>
> LOL I never stated it has worked just once, I actually stated the opposite
> but if you had actually read the posts you would have realised that,
> similarly with you demanding that I tell you which firewalls are used on
> each, 3 TIMES I gave you that info.
>
> fix it your god damn selves you don't have the decency to show any manners
> at all, you don't even have the decency to show someone the courtesy of
> reading their posts.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Of course I read your posts. At no point did you provide a clear
>> description of the problem and the steps that lead up to it. You simply
>> described it as a "simular" problem to the ones posted earlier in the
>> thread. The most common reason we've seen the fax service suddenly stop
>> working is conflicts with Norton Internet Security and many other Norton
>> products. The second most common is incompatibility with many modems.
>> That the service worked once in no way eliminates modem conflicts.
>>
>> Now you tell us you've solved the problem yourself but haven't the
>> courtesy to post what the solution was. I think we know who's time was
>> wasted here.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Troubleshoot the problem? Russ your not troubleshooting anything your
>>> fiddle farting around doing nothing but wasting my time, trying to blame
>>> anything from third party software to hardware when it is an obvious
>>> software issue which BTW I have already fixed, without your help.
>>>
>>> Next time I suggest Russ before you respond to peoples post's asking
>>> questions which they have already answered, and questioning hardware
>>> compatibility of a user who has been successfully utilising a service
>>> for a prolonged period of time, that YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE
>>> RESPONDING TO, rather than wasting their time by asking questions which
>>> have already been answered and making yourself look like nothing other
>>> than a complete TWIT!
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Thank God!
> Indeed I don't understand what you posted. I tried my best, but it really
> was a disjointed, incomplete set of symptoms. Perhaps I am just an idiot.
> I'm certain there is someone else who can make sense of it all and they
> will be along to help you.
>
> I never understand the need to resort to personal insults in these
> newsgroups the way you have. I shall studiously avoid any posts you make
> in the future.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Norton causes the Fax monitor to fail to open, how is that anything
>> related to a fax driver missing?
>>
>> I told you what's happening, if you don't understand then it just goes to
>> show that you truly are a complete twit doesn't it.
>>
>> LOL I never stated it has worked just once, I actually stated the
>> opposite but if you had actually read the posts you would have realised
>> that, similarly with you demanding that I tell you which firewalls are
>> used on each, 3 TIMES I gave you that info.
>>
>> fix it your god damn selves you don't have the decency to show any
>> manners at all, you don't even have the decency to show someone the
>> courtesy of reading their posts.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Of course I read your posts. At no point did you provide a clear
>>> description of the problem and the steps that lead up to it. You simply
>>> described it as a "simular" problem to the ones posted earlier in the
>>> thread. The most common reason we've seen the fax service suddenly stop
>>> working is conflicts with Norton Internet Security and many other Norton
>>> products. The second most common is incompatibility with many modems.
>>> That the service worked once in no way eliminates modem conflicts.
>>>
>>> Now you tell us you've solved the problem yourself but haven't the
>>> courtesy to post what the solution was. I think we know who's time was
>>> wasted here.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> [MVP-Outlook]
>>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ut oh. I hope you don't need Russ's help in the future with something
else.

"Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Troubleshoot the problem? Russ your not troubleshooting anything your
> fiddle farting around doing nothing but wasting my time, trying to blame
> anything from third party software to hardware when it is an obvious
> software issue which BTW I have already fixed, without your help.
>
> Next time I suggest Russ before you respond to peoples post's asking
> questions which they have already answered, and questioning hardware
> compatibility of a user who has been successfully utilising a service for
> a prolonged period of time, that YOU ACTUALLY READ THE POST YOU ARE
> RESPONDING TO, rather than wasting their time by asking questions which
> have already been answered and making yourself look like nothing other
> than a complete TWIT!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Of course you don't have to provide me anything.
>> I only told you what you would need to provide if you wanted someone to
>> help you. You have provided none of the information that would permit
>> troubleshooting the problem.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Glow" <glowinggibbon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I had been using the Modem with Fax on Machine one for 18 mths I had been
>>>using the modem with Fax on machine 2 for 3 weeks, I don't HAVE to
>>>provide you anything.
>>>
>>> easy repro the problem. I click on Fax console, and it takes forever to
>>> load and then fails, telling me that the FAX DRIVER IS MISSING! on BOTH
>>> machines
>>> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

I Sincerely hope no one else does, his eyesight seems to be worse than mine.