Help with Athlon XP unlocking&overclocking guide

keegs

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2002
Hi,

On Tom's guide about <A HREF="http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/01q4/011112/index.html" target="_new">unlocking & overclocking Athlon XP CPU's</A>, on the 6th page it describes how you put more tape on the CPU so you can use the conductive silver liquid to join the L1 contacts.

Initially, the only parts un-taped are the top and bottom contacts <b>(on the left side)</b>, and these are coverred in the silver stuff. After the tape is removed, this process is <b>repeated</b>.

<i><b>My Question:</i></b> What happens if the <b>top row</b> or <b>bottom row </b> of L1 contacts are joined together? or if <b>all</b> the contacts (all 10 of them) are joined together? the guide is <i>unspecific</i> about whether these contacts are able to have silver lacquer between them. (see the top/bottom contacts in this <A HREF="http://www4.tomshardware.com/howto/01q4/011112/images/13.jpg" target="_new">picture)</A>.

And if these contacts <b>CANNOT</b> be connected by the silver lacquer, doesn't the tape pull off the silver lacquer when you sticky-tape over the previously done silver lacquer?

Help! (and sorry if this message is confusing! I want to overclock but I don't want to waste lots of money!!)

- keegs

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by keegs on 04/12/02 07:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
<font color=white>crash</font color=white> & <font color=white>burn</font color=white>.

if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<i><font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>

keegs

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2002
Ah. Well that has a cheery ring to it. I didn't think there was much possible damage by doing this process...

thx

svol

Champion
I used the same way to connect my bridges; when I used conductive glue it would the tape would remove the silver, but when I used silver paint there was no problem.

<b>THGC:</b> before: :frown: :eek: , after: :smile: :cool: .