Fan Control

G

Ok, I have a few questions. Am going to mod my case with two side 80mm fans, two back 80mm, and one top 120mm. Will be panaflo's, but if I was to get a low speed fan, if I was to get a fan control unit installed, could i speed them up? And what would be better, getting high speed fans and slowing them down or vise versa? Thanks for any info.

Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.pcmods.com/list.asp?CtgID=44" target="_new">Yeah, check these out.</A>

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
umm, speeding up fans usually shortens their lifespan signifigantly. so i think that your best option would be to get the high speed fans, and slow them down.
i have my toyo slowed down most of the time, in which case the fan on my volcano 6cu is louder...but the fan still kicks out quite a bit of air. but if i crank it all the way up, air is moving so quickly, i am scared that the case is going to take off like a jet plane. but it doesnt make much more noise. it is bearable. but i turn it down when i go to sleep. cause it can get annoying all the way up. but i put switches, knobs and other switches to control the plethora of fans in my case.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

TRENDING THREADS