Recognizing MS Fax When Sending From Office 2000

January 26, 2005 6:07:03 PM

Hello:

I am running XP Pro SP2, with MS Fax service installed.

I understand I can not send documents (just cover pages) from MS Fax
Console. However, when I try to send document to "Fax Recipient" from Word
in Office 2000, the application opens another fax wizard with the option
"Microsoft Fax" greyed out. Why doesn't Word in Office 2000 recognize the MS
Fax service installed under XP SP2?

Thank you
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:43:18 PM

Sadly, the Office developers and the Fax developers at Microsoft do not even
seem to know that the other exists. Accordingly, collaboration between
Office applications and the Fax application appears to be dead.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

!